Mobile phone with 5mp & flash under 15k

ifli

Disciple
Apr 20, 2011
Mumbai
anishsinha.blogspot.in
Hi All,

I am planning to buy for my wife a touchscreen phone with 5mp camera and flash & a large screen for a price of under 15k. OS doesn't matter as long as the phone is fast and has a good battery life. Nokia phones are not to her liking, so plz sugges some alternative options. She is currently using LG Viewty KU990.

Aercy

Patron
Jan 4, 2007
Kolkata
Wave was better than Wave II cuz of the AMOLED display. Wave II has super LCD, nowhere near the AMOLED. Wave & Wave II has similar hardware. Although Wave II's 5meg cam is excellent. But since he will be investing 15.5k anyways for Wave II, it's better to go for Moto Defy.

quixand

Skilled
Mar 9, 2011
^^ second that.
Super Amoled :)
Wave II doesn't function or look half as decent as the original wave. Browser sucks/Memory issues.
Camera and 720p recording are crisp. Flash is excellent, will light up the darkest of nooks and excellent for making videos.
bada 1.2 will frustrate you on this phone. Excellent h/w disappointing s/w.

As a camera/video recording phone Wave 2 (720p video recording) will beat both Defy and Ace.
For day to day functioning android will be less frustrating than bada.

quixand

Skilled
Mar 9, 2011
comp@ddict said:
but i thought the internals as well as the os software were the same??

Yes it is and yet it doesn't feel like an upgrade. A buggy browser became more buggy and slower. Memory issues are not fixed. Only workaround like widgets and apps getting closed automatically are there.

If camera/video rec are 1st priority and apps/social networking are 2nd then wave II is better since Defy has VGA recording@ 30fps.
Otherwise
If you want a "smart" phone with no dysfunction and a 5 MP camera w/ VGA res recording then get Defy.

ifli

Disciple
Apr 20, 2011
Mumbai
anishsinha.blogspot.in
Thank you all for your advise! Well, I showed her Samsung Wave II, she didn't like it. I am not too keen on defy as its still on 2.1 and i already have had a bad experience with motorola when i had bought backflip (still stuck on 1.5 unless I root it). She liked Samsung Ace and I heard that there's already news of gingerbread upgrade for the Ace!! About wildfire S, HTC sure brings the fastest updates, but I thing the specs of Ace are better than wildfire S!!

So, I guess as of now its gonna be Samsung Ace! But I still have 10 days' time so suggestions are welcome!

comp@ddict

Skilled
Apr 25, 2009
Manipal
about.me
I am not too keen on defy as its still on 2.1

2.2 officially is out already, and here's the best part, CM7 is on Defy now(beats stock gingerbread like a wh*re)

I would still suggest DEFY:

1. better camera

2. double resolution screen

3. bigger screen

4. better design(not iphone duplicate)

5. great ergonomics, easy hand fit, easy carry, sleek design

About wildfire S, HTC sure brings the fastest updates, but I thing the specs of Ace are better than wildfire S!!

The specs of defy are wayyy better than ace