Mobile to laptop bluetooth connection

rshri

Adept
Hi Guys,

I have Sony Ericssion 810i mobile that I want to connect to my laptop (Toshiba Satellite A120) wirelessly through bluetooth. Intent is to do file transfer. I have tried but unable to figure it out. Can you please guide me?

Thanks!

I believe my laptop has inbuilt bluetooth. In my mobile, after I turn on bluetooth, I am able to add laptop as a "New Device". It asks for a passkey to be set. After I have set passkey, laptop also pops a message that it has detected my mobile. Here I enter the same passkey. I guess this does the "pairing".

Strangely enough, in my mobile, after adding device (laptop), if I try going to 'services' of added device (laptop). I see message - "Service supported: No local services found"

I am using Toshiba's own provided software for BlueTooth in laptop.

Its under Toshiba>Bluetooth program folder. The programs in this group are

- Bluetooth Information Exchanger

- Bluetooth Settings

- Remote Camera

- User Guide

- Wireless File Transfer

Apparently, its 'Bluetooth Settings' which pops up at the time of "pairing" described above. It lists following four services in its wizard for adding a new connection (mobile) -

- Dial up Networking

- Network Access Point

- Mouse and Keyboard

- Serial Port

None of this is for file transfer. Apparently 'Mosue and Keyboard' thing works. I was able to move mouse pointer using arrow keys of my mobile.

When I try opening 'Wireless File Transfer' program, it seems to search for 'Transfer-enabled device' then displays message 'Bluetooth not started'. Same thing happens when I try to start 'Bluetooth Information Exchanger'.

This is all what I have been able to do so far. Please help me on how to proceed further.

I know about IBM laptops, I had to upgrade the default BT driver provided with the system (Micro$oft stack) to connect to the BT headset of my phone (Add audio as a service), maybe you need the same thing. Try upgrading the version of the software.

Back