Mobile Towers at home ..are they health issues?

So I have noticed some houses along railways lines spotted with big mobile towers built right above their roof of two floor houses with people residing..

I know they might be paid handsome rent for it.

But wouldn't it be a health issues also to have such towers so close all 24hrs.

I understand there maybe still no proper evidence as radio frequency causing neurological or cancer like issues as such but even then they are known to interfere with pacemakers and other health and electronic equipments.

Why has govt. Allowing this and why not allot it at some distance from residental areas.

The radiation from towers have a wavelength greater than visible light. So they are only capable of inducing molecular vibrations and generating heat (like your microwave oven) that also at very close distances.

Cancer is out of the question since visible light has a higher chance of causing it, being of a lower wavelength. UV light and below (Xray or Gamma ray) is where cancer is caused.

The radiation from towers have a wavelength greater than visible light. So they are only capable of inducing molecular vibrations and generating heat (like your microwave oven) that also at very close distances.
It was right above their room only separated by one brick layer ( not so thick)
Good to know Atleast cancer is not an issue here.( Have lost 2 members in our family to cancer )

If I remember correctly Juhi Chawla had raised this issue in court ..instead of listening to the cause ...she was fined as court dismissed the case as waste of time of court.
it was 5G thing which was a FAF .Here we are talking about basic tower and placement of towers .Ideally now tower should be near any schools and hospitals

you can check this https://tarangsanchar.gov.in/EMFPortal/Home

there may not be any known disadvantages as there is nothing concretely proven in research. yet. but we don't know the unknown unknowns for sure. as we don't fully know how electrical signals work inside our body (say inside a cell or between neurons). we might clearly find it some day. but currently our biggest threats to our health are in our diets, stress and lifestyle.

It was right above their room only separated by one brick layer ( not so thick)
Good to know Atleast cancer is not an issue here.( Have lost 2 members in our family to cancer )
I'm sorry to hear that @solo_wing . Another thing to add is that the radiation from cell towers follows the pattern shown below

1730030963422.jpeg

So the radiation is not the most at the base. Worst case they will see a slight elevation in body temperature.

if you understand VW diesel gate scam , than this is similar .you can get your tower tested .But than to increase coverage .You can remotely increase the power levels and no competitor would report . because its a cartel
I'm sorry to hear that @solo_wing . Another thing to add is that the radiation from cell towers follows the pattern shown below

View attachment 212274

So the radiation is not the most at the base. Worst case they will see a slight elevation in body temperature.
its correct it follows the concept of diya tale andhera , non smoker sitting besides a smoker

Years back worked for mobile service provider outside India (am in IT side, away from antenna). They had to do maintenance on high power mobile tower antennae due to some weather related reasons. The mandate was that person should not continuously stay near working antennae for more than 20mins. during the activity. So, they used to do their work very efficiently, rotate personal with proper work-logs to finish activity quickly.
For me, that was enough to guess, but that's just me.

there may not be any known disadvantages as there is nothing concretely proven in research. yet. but we don't know the unknown unknowns for sure. as we don't fully know how electrical signals work inside our body (say inside a cell or between neurons). we might clearly find it some day. but currently our biggest threats to our health are in our diets, stress and lifestyle.
I've seen people who are obese, drinkers, or smokers worry more about mobile radiation. Honestly, their bad habits are way more likely to get them before any cell tower does.

Have you seen any sparrow near any tower ? in Metros and tier1 cities they have become extinct
dont know & dont think that birds nestle around towers. but fortunately here at our place there are a lot of sparrows (which daily come to our balconies), parrots, squirrels who sometimes climb the buildings till significant heights, eagles/kites & ofcourse the invasive pigeons. there used to be towers here on some surrounding buildings (old buildings, less floors, low in height). didnt observe later however & am not aware if they are still there or were removed when this issue of disappearance of sparrows particularly & the whole concerns about mobile towers & radiation had become the talk. thankfully the lush greenery/vegetation around here would also be a big reason why we're still seeing & being frequented by all these beautiful creatures still (other than the pigeons)!

If I remember correctly Juhi Chawla had raised this issue in court ..instead of listening to the cause ...she was fined as court dismissed the case as waste of time of court.
Why not dig up the judgement and read it?

They would definitely have listened to her and found the evidence presented inadequate.
P.s. mobile phone business has became a super massive profit generating eco system....hence credible research on health impact of radio frequency on humans and other living beings is always targeted and never allowed to surface....but incidents like above make us think
Try doing this in the west and watch the fun. Meaning I don't believe it. Mobiles and supporting infrastructure are ubiquitous everywhere.

Earlier you had nutjobs in the UK destroying 5G towers because they believed it either caused or spread covid :blackeye:

This summer, green activists in Germany trashing the biggest Tesla factory in the EU because they think its not green (!)

You don't need credible anything to cause chaos. In fact most of the nonsense stirred is by ideogical positions and not credible ones.
@burntwingzZz In some places, residential land price does come down if new mobile tower is installed.
So, yeah sometimes it effs up people, whether they like it nor not :)
The same way as a view of windmills can do?

Last edited:

They would definitely have listened to her and found the evidence presented inadequate.

Try doing this in the west and watch the fun. Meaning I don't believe it. Mobiles and supporting infrastructure are ubiquitous everywhere.

Earlier you had nutjobs in the UK destroying 5G towers because they believed it either caused or spread covid :blackeye:

This summer, green activists in Germany trashing the biggest Tesla factory in the EU because they think its not green (!)

You don't need credible anything to cause chaos. In fact most of the nonsense stirred is by ideogical positions and not credible ones.

The same way as a view of windmills can do?
Please enlighten us why mobile phones have a SAR value in the first place?

Please enlighten us why mobile phones have a SAR value in the first place?
Regulatory compliance and standardisation

Since 1998 this value is recommended as a limit by the International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection (ICNIRP). The German Commission on Radiological Protection (SSK) and the European Commission agreed in 1998 and 1999. In the following, European standardisation bodies developed standards to control compliance with these limits.

I am sorry if the post about " instead of listening to the cause" got interpreted by you differently to what I meant.
What I wanted to say the cause for the birds was not taken seriously and yes they did not found any scientific evidence so was dismissed completely as waste of time.
She was fined too about 20 lakh but was later reduced to 2 lakh.

Though 2 lakh might not be anything for her but in a country where people are getting away with all kinds of murders and rape without any fine using many loopholes in the laws.

Someone trying to raise a noble concern for a cause is being fined as waste of time.

Back