CPU/Mobo mobo and processor for 20k

felicis_1985

Disciple
hi

i am planning to buy a new rig what will be the best mobo and processor combination for less than 20 k.
my main purposes will be 3d apps and gaming

Overclocking or not??:D

Assuming u getting a nice Gpu, Mobo is the good but underrated A8NE 2.0!!
Approx5-5.5K!!
Or the Foxconn NF4XK8MC or Biostar- 3.2k approx and 4K approx resp!!
So that leaves a decent amount for a good '= faster at stock' proccy in the event of no OC!!

Else if OC, then Opty 146 + DFi UltraD (or A8NE for zero hassles).(A8N SLi Premium if SLi or just for black mobo and passive cooling and stability)

Also do not know present price of Opty 165!!
If around 16k, then get that+A8NE- slightly above your budget!!!!

As of now, 3D+Gaming= A64/Opteron/X2/OptyDC= Simply AMD!!:eek:hyeah:
But please wait for my Gurus to reply here, i am a Dummy!!:cool2:

better still, hang on to existing machine for a few more months and postpone new rig for later!!
IMHO, not a very good time to buy unless necessary- lots of exciting stuff on the way!!

^^I agree with Bikey(ie that he is a dummy :p j/k) Lol anyway, A8N-E + X2 3800+/Opty 165 will be ~ 21k/23k respectively. Acc to me those are the best choices. But if u dont want dual core, then Either a 3500+ or Opty 146 will suffice and u can go for a better mobo, Lanparty Ultra D.

thanx fo r quick reply guys

i am intersted in going for dual core and no overclocking as of now

what is the cos of the DFI mother board nad A8ne

^^DFI Lanparty Ultra-D will cost Rs.8.8k and Asus A8N-E will cost Rs.5.5k. If you are going for dual core go for a opteron 165 or X2 3800+.

felicis_1985 said:
hi

i am planning to buy a new rig what will be the best mobo and processor combination for less than 20 k.
my main purposes will be 3d apps and gaming
See I look at it differently.. I always believe in going for a really good board.. decently high end, cause u can change proccy's n cards but rarely does any1 throw away a good board..
The DFI lanparty @ 8.8K is a good deal. The Asus A8N SLI premium or MSI K8N Neo 4 plat. I don't recommend the A8N-E.
Proccy could be anywhere between a 3000+ (if u OC) a 3500+ (if you don't) to a 3800+ dual core or opty 165

An Intel dual core would be surprisingly affordable the Pentium D820 + 945P mobo should be under 20K

I recommend either the foxconn or an asrock socket 939 m/b + opty 144 /146 (if you can find it).

Buy DFI -ultra m/b's only if you are prepared to fine-tune it properly. It is a good , stable m/b but would be a waste of ur resources if you do not make proper use of it.(i.e. moderate o/c).
The above 2 m/b's i have listed are equally good if you are not going to o/c much.

Asrock 939 dual sata2 or asus a8n-e plus a dual core 3800+ would be the best for you. Deejay rendering apps like maya and 3dsmax benefit hugely from multiple cpus/cores.

Chaos said:
Asrock 939 dual sata2 or asus a8n-e plus a dual core 3800+ would be the best for you. Deejay rendering apps like maya and 3dsmax benefit hugely from multiple cpus/cores.
Oh yes Chaos i know but it would be prudent to wait a few weeks and get those D/C chips for about 25 ~ 30% less then current prices ...:eek:hyeah: in the mean time the user can go in for a good Graphic card which would help in gaming and 3d apps ....

Anyways it all depends upon the user ...if his needs are urgent and current then he can go in for a d/c chip ...

Chaos said:
^^What do u think I'm doing
Besides the waiting part i think you are playing with MAYA....;)

ps: The only Maya i know was during the college days and she just would not render !!!!:( ...must be an interface or timing issue ....:eek:hyeah:

thanx for all those replies guys

but maya and 3ds max are not my main issue

gaming is primary purpose

so please advice accordingly.
more over i dont have any plans to overclock

thanx

felicis_1985 said:
thanx for all those replies guys

but maya and 3ds max are not my main issue

gaming is primary purpose

so please advice accordingly.
more over i dont have any plans to overclock

thanx

Then get the Foxconn mobo- cheapest 939+PCIe board at 3.2K or lesser!!
Rock solid stablility at stock speeds!!
First hand info from Deejay!!

Check This>http://www.foxconnchannel.com/products_motherboard_2.cfm?pName=NF4XK8MC-RS
European%20Model

Don't know the extra features, if u want sataII ports, more USB, etc... then get A8NE!!
And Asus 3yr warranty!! i mean i at least know they have RMA, for Foxconn maybe darky or Deejay can tell!!

For processor- buy anything u feel is worth it!!

Do you really want to spend all that 20K on just mobo and cpu??
if you get the right combo, money saved can be used to get better GPU for enhaced gaming experience!!
I mean instead of best proccy and ok GPU, get good proccy and better GPU!!
Coz nothing lasts!!
So make the most of now!!
There will be something better always!!:cool2:

Are you a maya/3d prof user- then get some AMD DC chip!!

Else even a 3000+ for less than 6k is more than enough for most, esp for a noob like me!!:rofl:

Since u won't be OCing, better get a faster processor!!:p

I think that 1MB cache of Opty144/146 helps in gaming!!:ashamed:
This you should ask my gurus!!:cool2:

Check that 144 vs 3500 thread!!
http://www.techenclave.com/forums/opteron-144-vs-athlon-3500-a-69179.html
might help a bit as requirements are almost same and his budget is quite practical!!

Also check this for as deeper insight from the pros!!
http://www.techenclave.com/forums/opteron-1xx-vs-desktop-parts-inside-69287.html

To cut a long story short, if ur not gonna be doin serious 3d apps and more of gaming then single core is enough for now, and u can invest the extra money in a better graphics card. That will make a lot more difference than getting a dual core processor as most games are gpu limited. And if u arent gonna OC, then stick with a cheaper mobo, either the Asus A8N-E(best option IMHO) or the foxconn/asrock boards.

No prices are gonna remain more or less the same till the AM2 launch. Infact the prices of the X2's are going up by a few dollars in april. But since ur buyin 2 months from now, u might as well wait for AM2 and Conroe i guess.

felicis_1985 said:
since i am going to purchase my rig 2 months from now

can i expect dual core processors prices to drop furthur

WTH, see you after 2 months!!:cool2:

Better still, wait for few more months and you will truly benefit!!:eek:hyeah:

Back