CPU/Mobo Mobo/Monitor Suggestion

plsoft

Adept
It's for my cousin, he has decided to go for E4300. Please suggest
1) A mobo for around 5k. He is not going to overclock.
2) 17" LCD monitor (widescreen pref) for around 10k

Also what is the current price of 1 GB 667 Kingston, 200 GB HDD?
Will be getting from Nehru Place.
Thnks all in advance.

Edit: Use-> Movies, Photoshop, Occasional Video Editing.

Well, you can go for XFX 650i Ultra, good board.

As for the monitor, go in for Samsung 940NW 19" LCD or a Viewsonic. You can get em' around 10.5k, so yeah.

:)

Oops sorry, he just called me and said 19" is too big for him (i don't know y :no: ). He wants 17" instead.
Will i get the XFX 650i in Nehru Place? If so, at wat price?

XFX 650i with E4300 is a great combo :)

For the monitor u can go for the Samsung 740N its ~8k

1GB kingston is ~1800 bux :)

Just checked the review on XFX 650i ultra, it sure has got good reviews. I just hope it's there in nehru place. By the way, if this mobo is not there in NP, which alternative mobo wud u suggest?

plsoft said:
Oops sorry, he just called me and said 19" is too big for him (i don't know y :no: ). He wants 17" instead.

Will i get the XFX 650i in Nehru Place? If so, at wat price?

If you are going for widescreen you should be looking at >17....

17" widescreen looks like a frigging ruler/scale...

19" widescreen isnt that big, ask him to check it out for himself and see. i dont even think 17" widescreen's are available.

The processor, E4300 has been replaced by E4400, cost is 4.8k

As for the mobo, if hes not overclocking any 945 based mobo will do, and is around 3.5k (gigabyte 945GM and asus p5ld2-vm). But the XFX 650i mobo is a terrific deal at 5.1k and supports the 1333 fsb and future 45 nm proccy's too. It would be a far better choice. If its not available, and the budget permits try gettin the msi 965P-Neo F as well. Shd be approx 5k

Back