CPU/Mobo Mobo & PSU for Q6600

Hi,

My motherboard(MSI P35) and PSU(Gigabyte super 460) went Kaput. Looking for suggestions on new one.
Budget-6-7K

Current config : Intel Q6600 , 6gb DDR2 Ram, 9500gt (6770 on its way) ,2 HDDs

Please suggest DDR3+USB3+SATA3 combo if there is one. Thanks

You might get motherboard based on the P43 OR P45 chipsets' but the only issue will be --
  • lack of USB 3.0 and SATA III ports, because these chipset families are really old and went EoL before these features become part of the standard feature-sets for contemporary motherboards;
  • crippled DDR III support, if possible stick to the G41 and G31 chipset and the DDR II memory you have currently.

Options you have --
Intel DQ45CB Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com / ASUS P5G41T-M LX3 Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com.

For the SMPS you can look at the Corsair CX V2430W ~2700/-.

Where will you procure these components from?
If you can source these components from the local market, the prices will be slightly cheaper.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

For PSU go with Cooler master GX 550W or Corsair Gaming Series GS500

There is seasonic companies PSU it's also coming with very good response from buyer. But it will suggested by Mr. ALPHA17 to you.

Both the SMPS you have mentioned are overkill for OP's requirements. At the maximum he can go for a Cooler Master GX450W ~3400/-.

Also I do not trust the Cooler Master GX550W SMPS, they have got really poor coverage by sites like Johnny Guru and Hardware Secrets.

Mind explaining the last jab at me.

Back