CPU/Mobo Mobo Suggestion Please

I am thinking of upgrading finally!:eek:hyeah:

Could you guys help me by calrifying a few things? :)

1. Is the usb problem with abit IP35-E resolved?

Is anyone else concerned about IP35-E USB weirdness? - Universal abit USA Forums

2. Could you suggest a Gigabyte board or any other in the 5- max 7.5k range?

3. What problems does the BioStar TP35D2 - A7 board has compared to aBit IP35-E, especially at overclocking?

I am thinking of getting a cheap pro right now and later get a Q9450 when they get a little bit cheaper.:hap2:

My current system is:

CPU: Opteron 165 Toledo Rev JH9-E6

Graphics Card: EVGA 8800GTS 320MB (dual slot card)

Motherboard: Asus A8n-E BIOS Rev 1013

Memory: Twinmos DDR3200 2x1024MB 3-3-3-8 1T

Hard Disk: Seagate 120G, 320G, 500G, 500G

Sound Card: Asus Xonar DX (on the way here)(PCI-E 1x card)

Power Supply: Cooler Master eXtreme Power Duo 600W

Monitor: Dell E228WFP

Primary Optical Drive: LiteOn Moserbaer DVD RW RAM

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa

Mouse: Logitech MX-518

Cabinet: Cooler Master CM690

UPS: APC Back UPS R S 800VA

I intend to upgrade mainly to get better fps in games with an eye on Assassin's Creed and any new games in the next year or so, and I think the CPU and the amount of Ram are the choke points.

I am looking to replace the Processor, Motherboard and the Ram right now, and then when the GT200 comes out, the Graphics Card as well.

I use Vista 64 as my primary OS but also keep XP and Linux around. My budget is about Rs.25000.

This is what I am thinking of currently:

Processor: E8400 (nearly Rs.9000) or (something else?)

RAM: DDR2 2x2GB 800MHz (yet to decide which make and model depending on the budget left over after choosing the motherboard)

Motherboard (Golchaa at SP Road price): one of abit IP35-E (Rs.6000), Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R (Rs.8500) or MSI P35 Platinum (Rs.7800) or (something else that is better?)

The rest of the stuff I intend to keep for now.

Which motherboard would you suggest me to get and a compatible RAM stick set?

I have biostar tp35d2-a7 and it is good board with lot of oc settings, it doesn't have option to run ram in asynchronous mode so you have to decrease ram MHZ when you increase FSB . Overall its a good buy at 4.5k .

How about a good 680i SLI Motherboard.... 45nm Support

E8200.... Good OC Potential

DDR2 800 2GB

and an aftermarket Cooling solution from Cooler Master/ThermalRight

vinay2070 said:
sorry for the wronk link above, here is the right link: :bleh:

MSI -- MICRO-STAR INT'L CO., LTD.

i know this mo is too costly but abit pro or (abit x38 has pci-express 2.0 support ;)

p.s you need you update proper mo x38 or x48 for future proof it support more oc upto 500-600 fsb and new pci-express 2.0 support and soem bios update 1600 fsb

I am trying to get MSI P35-Neo2-FR, cause that board covers everything I need, but that is not available any where.:(

The MSI P35 Platinum was quoted at 7800 to me but that has a huge south bridge heat sink which will not allow my 8800gts to sit there.:no:

Also the Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3R is available at 8400.

So now I am horribly confused, on what to get:S .

Back