User Guides Modding Tutorial

My Case Mod

After the requests, I decide to write one. It’s the tutorial for a very basic case mod. An easy for beginners (which I m myself). For any details and more info, email at arudit90@yahoo.co.in

Materials Required: Any Cabinet, Acrylic Sheet(size depending upon the size of the side of the cabinet), Hammer, A Sharp Tool of any kind(one which could withstand the hammer), The lights I used for those which are used under a Car/Bike (Quantity according to your needs), Paint( Color depending upon you), Paint Brush, Pencil, Paper, Scale

Okay Now I Would give a rough estimate of what the mod would cost like:
1. Cabinet- You probably have one
2. Acrylic Sheet- Get the Imported one without scratches for Rs.100 per/metre. The normal one sells for Rs.60 per metre.
3. Hammer- Rs.50-60
4. I used the tool which had a broad base.( I don’t know what its called L)
5. Lights- Rs.40 a piece
6. Paint and Paint Brush- Rs.25
7. Pencil, Paper, Scale- Rs.5

Total with Imported acrylic sheet(I m assuming its 1m)>Rs.220-230
Total with Indian Acrylic Sheet- Rs. 180-190

The difference between an Indian and an Imported is that the imported ones have less scratches and are more durable than the Indian ones.

How To Do It?

1. Take your Cabinet and take out the cover of that side whose opposite the motherboard has been placed.
2. On the cover, with the help of the pencil and scale, make a square in such a way that the hooks and other parts of the cabinets are not affected. Try to keep it in the middle of the side.
3. Double-mark your cover. Now with the help of the hammer and the tool that you use, cut the line you made on the cover. Do the job neatly or it would disrupt and take the look of your cover.
4. After cutting the part, get the brand new acrylic sheet (you can buy it from any glass store). Using any adhesive, stick your sheet at the edges with your cabinet.
5. This does it for the side part.
6. Now the light part, I m assuming that below the psu of your cabinet you have numerous holes. The light which I used has a place for screw drivers which I used and held it with those holes.
7. The wires of the light have to be connected to a 12V supply which is not your psu. So don’t take that step. Try one of the cables. The cd-rom or hdd (third and fourth pin might be apt.)
8. Be sure to make your light face in the direction of the acrylic sheet.
9. Get your paint brush and paint and paint your cabinet. Let it dry for around 1-2 days.

That’s it! You have your own modded cabinet.

Happy Modding!

CAUTION: Use this tutorial at your own risk. I don’t bear any responsibility if anything goes wrong.

By:
Udit Agarwal
The 3hyst3rica11y Ch/\ll/;nged

:hap2:

Back