modem/connection issues

Dabbad0n

Disciple
i have verizon dsl and i live in pittsburgh, pa. my internet frequently randomly dies. the connection drops and spend 30 secs to forever to reconnect. i read the online troubleshoot thing and i moved the modem away from my monitor and other hardware completely. i also switched the cable that connects to the telephone jack and the ethernet cable that connects to my mobo. it seems to love to disconnect while i play ut2004. before the move it did it whenever i loaded ut, it still does it occasionally. i read the modem connection logs and at the time it said the modem was reset. i actually stared at the thing as it dropped my connection and all that happens is the internet LED turns off and then a sec or 2 later the dsl LED light starts blinking. its irrating as u dont know what when ur ownin it up in a server and then it just dies. u guys have any iput for my situation? im thinkin of switchin which telephone jack it connects to but i want that to be a last resort honestly. my modem is the westell 6100 asdl2+router version. the slim/compact version. my mobo is the biostar tforce 6100 socket 754 version. here is a link to the specs:biostar_oc_web_v1_r3
my os is XP PRO SP2 with all current updates out of pure desperation. and i have most current bios and nforce drivers too. thx in advance and remember, if u dont help me the devil wins ur soul...............

LAN. the error messages i get from the diagnostics log is "connection timed out," sometimes "connection refused," and sometimes "connection reset due to dsl restart." the later done entirely without me pushing anything on the modem........

i did the guy on tech support was like"i have no idea what's causeing those error messages" he helped me with the PADT message, but conection time out is still frequent.

Back