Modem/Router for MTNL

I have tried a Dlink and Beetel modems on MTNL lines. They seem to leave the connection. You have to switch them off and on to work. I complained the same to the MTNL lineman. He replaced my modem with Sterlite SAM 300 AX. It is working like a Charm. Have not had to restart the modem since last 3 days since he fixed it.

Suggest you go for the same along with a wireless router. This modem has Lan lines but no wifi.

MTNL basically recommends DLINK routers with their connection
And i personally use DLINK with no connection issues whatsoever...

But if you don't want to go for DLINK,check out routers by netgear or linksys both work well with MTNL

My requirements are pretty much straight

More than 2 Ethernet port

Wifi

ADSL 2+ support

The one which i have mentioned on first post is of Linksys.

dinjo said:
I found this router too and people seems to suggest this over D-Link DSL-2730U Linksys Router

Heard not so good review for Linksys router , D-link seems very good with ADSL , seems like I'll be getting the 2750

Buy D-Link Wireless N 300 ADSL2+ 4-port Ethernet Router with USB (DSL-2750U) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Yea,one of my friend has this router and he hasn't complained about any compatibility issues apart for the rare downtimes from MTNL themselves

Go for it buddy !!

It has one USB port...I dont think DD WRT is supported on ADSL..but does the modem itself has some inbuilt BT client that uses that port?

Got DSL 2750U for 2250 used 500 off coupon from letsbuy

NJKi7.jpg

Congrats buddy....Dlink has an organized setup interface,probably the best i have seen so far

Though,i can't comment over other routers but Dlink routers go really well with MTNL....

Enjoy your Wifi and Internet buddy :)

Hi,

Just adding my doubts here since I've a similar problem.

The router that MTNL has given ( WA3002 - g4 IGD ) has a very poor wi-fi range. I'm looking for something with slightly more powerful range. How's the range in the DLINK 2750 U. Is it better than the MTNL default router?

EDIT - Bought the router on instinct and its turned out to be a wonderful purchase. Absolutely easy setup, good range and looks good too. Bought it for Rs. 2250 from Lamington Road. the best part - MTNL has a tonne of settings - This router didn't ask for any of them, just your MTNL userid and password.

Back