Modifying bootable cd of win xp

arka

Disciple
Whether is it possible to modify a win xp cd to no next option bootable xp cd, i.e. we will just enter the cd, the cd will automatically partition the HDD, and it will be automatically installed , only cd key should be given , one do not have to click next options, time zones and language will automatically set and at the time of creating account it will ask the names of the users

arka said:
Whether is it possible to modify a win xp cd to no next option bootable xp cd, i.e. we will just enter the cd, the cd will automatically partition the HDD, and it will be automatically installed , only cd key should be given , one do not have to click next options, time zones and language will automatically set and at the time of creating account it will ask the names of the users

Check this site
nLite - Deployment Tool for Unattended Windows - About

Actually countdown, I don't want to make an win xp cd without some windows component, I want a bootable xp cd modification with all it features but no next options that will be installed automatically, I have heard to do this one have to modify an .inf file but I don't know how it can be implmented or whether my assumptions are true, so better suggest me something that will bw done without any software

i never herad of modifying any inf file fir this automation purpose...
the only thing that i think can be done is unattened setup...
keep this thread updated if u find out..:)

unaattended setup lets admin set a predefined window components that would be installed on the system, it saves a lot of time.

there is a utility from microsoft in the cd itself to make unattended setup :)

arka said:
Actually countdown, I don't want to make an win xp cd without some windows component, I want a bootable xp cd modification with all it features but no next options that will be installed automatically, I have heard to do this one have to modify an .inf file but I don't know how it can be implmented or whether my assumptions are true, so better suggest me something that will bw done without any software

If you go thru the nlite site, there is an option for customizing an XP CD for automated install.
I also remember reading a guide in PC Quest. I'll try to find it

Yes, it is here:
PCQuest : In Depth : Unattended XP Installation

There is a file called deploy.cab in the XP CD itself in which there is a file (Forgot the name) which lets you create an unattended setup. Just make sure that you dont lend the disc to some noob who might think that there is a problem with the rig coz' the XP setup did not ask any options :p

The easiest way is to use nlite's Unattended XP Installation and if u have a dvd writer just add all those drivers, softwares and anti-virus u always use and create the installation disc
Just sit back and relax while all network config and other stuff is taken care of .......................

Back