PC Peripherals Monarch Nemesis Gaming Desktop

bottle

Caffeine Addict
Staff member
Super Mod
Jan 27, 2005
Chennai
could be better in a few areas .. dont like the way they have used 4*512mb for memory on a a8n

maybe something better than an enermax psu ? (not saying that its bad tho)

zalman heatsink is a bit passe as well

Chaos

Skilled
Jan 29, 2005
4x512 MB of TCCD is ridiculous.... Its impossible to reach high HTT with 4 dimms populated! They shud have put 2Gigs of ballistix or 4x512 of OCZ VX on DFI instead.

Crazy_Eddy

Staff member
Super Mod
Feb 7, 2005
I guess apart from the Ballistix, they arent aware of any 1GB modules that overclock well , hence the refrain from selecting 1GB sticks.
True 4 DIMMs populated reduces your overclock, but I guess you could remove 2 sticks and leave just 2 sticks in and OC.

Enermax is a good enough choice IMO. Something better than that would be the PC P&C. OCZ would be suspect - after its recent fall at the THG PSU testing.

Shripad

ex-Mod
Mar 17, 2005
Class M Planet
U will tell ya why the system builders prefer the A8N SLI over DFI.
The only reason is stability. They dont want their customer's PCs to fail or give stability problems. They dont wana risk SDS syndrome that DFI has.
They dont want too many complains about the systems so they save on the support cost.
Thats why you dont see such system assemblers building their high end PCs with DFI.

No offense. I am DFI user. But DFI is not for faint hearted even if you are rich and have money to blow ;)

And this machine is supposed to be kick @$$ gaming system and with 7800GTX SLI DFI or Asus wont make much difference speciallyw ith FX 57 ;)