Monitors Monitor <= 10k

nimitbhardwaj

Disciple
I'm looking for a screen for my HTPC and my PS3.
Max budget is 10k.
Must have a HDMI port. LED preferred.
Best I found are BENQ GW2250HM and DELL TFT ST2240L.
​Is there any other out there that is better than that^ ?

@nimitbhardwaj, look at the following as well, apart from the ones you have shortlisted --
  • DeLL ST2220L ~8500/-
  • BenQ E2220HD ~8800/-
Hope this helps, Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dell S2240L ~ 8900. Build quality is mediocre, does not feel good, but its an eIPS panel. VGA and HDMI ports, with audio out. No soundbar support.

why dont you go for benQ G2420HD you cant go wrong with the bigger screen .
i have been using it with my xbox 360 and it has been great it has audio out and volume control for that too.
three inputs and response time 2ms GTG
you might get it between Rs .9500- 10500

Actually I was thinking of BENQ GW2250HM .
Has an awesome contrast ratio and has all the ports I need.
Does contrast ratio make a big difference?

No price difference between HDMI and DVI ?
Then should go for HDMI,its future proof I think.
Sadly Dell only providing VGA cable no DVI or HDMI cable.

ST2240 has a response time of 7ms which is pretty bad according to me. It has a DCR of 8m:1
Whereas GW2250 has a 4 ms response time and has 20m:1 contrast ratio. You still say ST2240 is better than GW2250??

I have an acer S230HL. picked it up for 9K. 23" LED, HDMI & VGA. Can't comment too much about the colours etc. My folks use it as a TV, and it does a decent job.

My last post on this thread, all you tech experts out there please let me know which one according to you is the best steal? Dell ST2240, Benq GW2250 or Acer S230HL ( If available in delhi?) . I'm confused between the three.

^ S2240L is also an e-IPS panel.

My last post on this thread, all you tech experts out there please let me know which one according to you is the best steal? Dell ST2240, Benq GW2250 or Acer S230HL ( If available in delhi?) . I'm confused between the three.
You mean the Dell S2240L?
The Benq GW2250HM is a VA panel - has better contrast and response times and is apparently a true 8-bit panel, but viewing angles are not as good as the IPS. Response times below 8ms are more than enough for gaming. If you're using it as a HTPC/PS3 display, viewing angles are probably more important.

Sorry may be off topic.
I have seen stated response time and input lag for any monitor at their web site not always true.
Review says sometimes different.
And one thing I noticed that AOC sell same model with different types spec in different country.
If I'm I'm wrong please someone put some light on this issue.
Saw the review of AOC i2757 at tftcentral and it saying 5ms response time but when I check at AOC India web site it showing 14ms(G2G).
So,what't the truth ?
I'm confused.

Back