Monitors Monitor blacks out occasionally

lazyme

Adept
My LG Flatron E700SH blacks out occasionally.But comes back to normal automatically in some time.Also the screen flickers quite a lot.I think there is some internal problem with the monitor.Anything I can do before giving it to the vendors for servicing?

I have started facing similar problem recently. (Although I didnt add anything at all to the hardware)

What happens is that there is no problem during the boot time.

However, as soon as the Windows loads (after the login screen) there is constant flickering sort of thing. The monitor blanks outs, and comes back.
- very similar to the thing you observe, when you change the resolution and refresh rate of the monitor.

And this thing keeps happening, with increasing frequency, day by day.

The weird thing is - when I turn on my TV card (internal one). The flickering doesnt happen.

really WEIRD.

I think the problem is not with the Monitor, but with the GFX card. Are you able to play movies? Does it hang/restart on doing so?

I had the same problem(monitor blacking out for a couple of seconds and coming back) with my previous rig (GeForce 4000MX) but the monitor was same as the one i am using in new rig. The problem vanished after upgrading the system.

I suspect your gfx card is heating up too much.

I think the problem is with teh card.

I got an error pop-up message that there is some problem with teh nVidia driver (whihc is weird, sinceI never did anything)

Anyway, I reinstalled all drivers etc.

Problem still presists.
Tomorrrow am gonna check with the motherboard video. Lesse, but I think the prob is with Video card in my case.

Its the Graphics Card.

Im having a similar issue, but my Screen only blanks out when Im playing a very graphics intensive game with High settings.

In XP everything is fine. But When Im in Vista, I get regular screen blackouts, and when it comes back the "VPU Recovered" message comes.

So its definately your Graphics card.

Back