monitor error -- pls help

naru80

Disciple
I have a Samsung 2233SW monitor

Whenever i play an older game it gives this message in the middle of the screen:

"not optimum mode. recommended mode: 1920 x 1020"

How do i get rid of it? The older games just don't have this display option

My grfx card is ATI Radeon HD 4200 onboard

Please help

first its not an error its a recommendation that every monitor gives u if not set at native res.

second

u can disable it read the manual u will find ur answer in that.....

or wait for any other member with the same monitor to reply :)

taher said:
first its not an error its a recommendation that every monitor gives u if not set at native res.

second
u can disable it read the manual u will find ur answer in that.....

or wait for any other member with the same monitor to reply :)
Correct, in my view sonic, its setting the "Resolution Notice" to off under Setup Menu..

I have the same monitor,,,,Actually as far as i know there is no solution to remove this error

try setting the resolution to 1280X720 or lower which normally the wide-screen display supports

^^ very right I myself having same monitor and the problem started with windows 7 as refresh hertz cant be set at 60 its always at 59. So far I have not found any solution of it. In Windows Vista it works absolutely fine.

Yepp, there is no solution. I have this same monitor. But, I think if you use VGA cable instead of digital, then it might work. If you are already using VGA, then hard luck man.

One of the reasons why I cant play older games on this monitor.... ohh wait, have you tried to set the desktop resolution to 1024x768?

try unistalling and reintalling the display driver and see if it helps......alternatingly u can force custom resolution with 60hertz from ati catalyst center not sure about this one though....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

at wht resolution do u play older games with...try playing games with 60hertz and see if that helps

Back