Monitors monitor for max 8.5k

I have the non-HDMI version of that monitor (the 2220M) and it's just about OK. Colours are way off and the stock settings need to be heavily tweaked to get reasonable colour accuracy, and even then the panel loses contrast very rapidly. You have to use literally the maximum contrast and tweak the RGB values to get it to look right. When you turn in on it seems very vivid, so it's easy for a noob reviewer to get misled by the image. There is also severe issues with the edges, because the bezel is high-gloss and it reflects the image on the inner edge where it meets the screen - extremely distracting, and adds to the weirdly high amount of backlight bleed at the edges. The latter is caused by over-enthusiastic brightening of the edge backlight.

However I come from a 3008WFP so it's a little tough for me to accept this level of performance. I will admit is is much better than a lot of small monitors, but really, it's not the bee's knees as the linked review seems to claim. It also says it has good black levels, which it does not. The screen is still gray when turned on with a blank/black screen. In a well-lit room it may be dark enough, but definitely not good enough for movies.

For people upgrading from CRTs or smaller monitors it might still be a good upgrade (CRT still looks better to me), but for those adding it into a system, gosh, I'm not really sure. I got it because I wasn't going to be in the city long and I needed something to hold me over till I could move my stuff over.

from my experiance lcd monitors cant match up with a pro crt.i have seen a crt 19" or 21" i really dont know the exact size but what a monitor, its connected to severs and label of sun Microsystems marked on it.
viewing angle is generraly quite bad on most of lcd's.
lcd r just ok.

IMO buy Samsung B2230 or BenQ G2220HD both are very good monitors... i am using BenQ G2220HD and i must say that this is a very good monitor and for 7.7k it just steals the deal ;)

Back