Monitors Monitor problem: Need advice

akiso

Disciple
While I am working on my PC, my monitor gives me a flicker sometimes. what might be the cause????

On my previous monitor I got this flicker and after sometimes a month or so monitor went down. On repairing it I found that power chips was damaged and after 2 month again the same power chip went down and it used to give that same flicker problem after repairing. It never got fixed for the 3rd time. :S

I got this second monitor from one of TE friend and it is again giving the same flicker quite few times. I fear that this monitor also dont go down.

TE HELP :huh: :huh: :huh:

My previous monitor was === Samsung samtron 56v
Present monitor is ==== Samsung SyncMaster750s

1. Where do you stay? Do any other electronic/ electrical appliances in your house also keep going kaput regularly?

2. Are you using a spike guard/ ups/ invertor?

3. Are your power lines set up correctly? Is earthing done properly?

99% a electrical problem, so u need to see in that angle. If you live in a reclaimed area/ seaface area then corrosion by sulphur/ salt is your problem.

Also check ur placement, if there is magnetic interference in that general area. But this can be eliminated in your case esp. if the PC has never conked off.

No men other electric appliance run from that board. I used to have spike guard but it went bad so using the APC UPS. It have spike controls inbuilt in it. Earthing is ok. And I dont live near or seaface. :)
I have subwoofer below my desk I hope it is not affecting.

I seeing the increase in the flickers in the monitor.

One more thing I like to add is that, I have a AGP card and using its VGA port for display of my monitor.

What kind of flickering ? if belongs to display then check refresh rate your monitor working at in advanced display properties, it must be above 60 try setting to 85/75 hertz.

Flickering just like a voltage fluctuation. Although I have observed that there is no such fluctuation in the power line as the same power serve my other electronic appliances. It is only that when I am using my PC I could observe a flickering on certain interval in the Monitor, thats an headache. :no:

I tried all the option in the refresh rate (60-85Hz) to check which is more stable. But I can observe it all the modes.

Local hardware engineer :mad: having are not able to figure out, hope they do so.

what should I do it is very confusing? Ready to do whatever that needed.
I never mind if it flickers, but if monitor went down that will b a real headace guies.

Hope some experienced TE mem's can help :(

Then it could be due to dry soldering in monitor circuit board.Go to experienced hardware engineer.

Try changing monitor power cable..

Its mostly the subwoofer, when i had a samsung 55e, my old cambridge soundworks sub was kept close to the monitor, once it went kaput (after a few months) the guy who fixed it said keep the speakers and sub away so that this doesnt happen away. gave it away in working condition 4 years later :D

sounds like one of its components is dying/ loose connection/bad solder joint

take to a TV repair shop - they should be able to fix it

for the time being , try setting a lower resolution/refresh rate

Back