Monitors monitor quotations in pune...dvi port......your advice needed!

sasa110

Disciple
I got the following quotations from 2 shops in pune. xxxx denotes salesman had no idea of model no.

Samsung:

B1930, 18.5" - 6500

B2030, 20" - 7000

LG:

1943C, 18.5 - 6250

xxxx, 20" - 6850

Dell:

xxxx , 18.5": 6150

IN1920, 18.5": 6400

Philips:

xxxx, 20": 6850

Fujitsu:

xxxx 20": 6200 (not buying)

Acer:

brightview 20": 7650 (not buying)

my budget is 6k and these are the options with me currently. only the last philips and samsung B2030 have dvi ports. i shall stretch the budget if reqd, but dont really want to.

i have 2 qs.

1. are the quotations fine, or are things available for a little less in pune? if yes, which shops. the above shops (dcc and sys-tech) seem to have a reputation of charging high (this particular bit learnt on this fora).

2. the purposes of the monitor is a little bit of computer work and a little bit of tv via an external tuner. i can certainly live without a dvi port for the little usage that i'll put in, but it appears to me that for non-dvi, i shall have to manually open the monitor cable (the blue coloured port - called vga?) from pc and connect to tv tuner each time i have to change. please correct me if i am wrong here.

or can i connect *both* pc and tv tuner to the monitor's vga port without having to open the port each time i need to change from computer to tv? :huh:

this information is crucial -- coz if the vga port needs changing each time, ill buy the samsung B2030, or else ill buy the non-dvi dell 18.5 whose picture quality i liked and costs about a thousand less than the B2030. thanks in advance.

Back