Monitors Monitor Resolution Problem

static_x

Disciple
Hi,
I installed my new LCD panel AOC F22 yesterday. After installing all the drivers it showed the resolution as 1920x1080 perfectly (DVI). Now after this now whenever i'm restarting my system everytime it goes back to 640x480 resolution and everytime i 've to select the 1920x1080 resoltuion. I've re-installed all the drivers (of Mobo as well as monitor) twice but the same problem is coming. I cant understand what the problem is. Please help me out!!!

Reinstall drivers. After uninstalling GC driver, google and download driver cleaner pro, boot to safe mode and use the tool which will remove everything which was the part of the old drivers. Download the stable version of the GC driver and reinstall.

OT: Why AOC??

The Sorcerer said:
Reinstall drivers. After uninstalling GC driver, google and download driver cleaner pro, boot to safe mode and use the tool which will remove everything which was the part of the old drivers. Download the stable version of the GC driver and reinstall.

Ok..i'll do that and update here...

The Sorcerer said:
OT: Why AOC??

I liked the panel compared with others found it good...

Is the monitor running on onboard video or a video card? If its the card, make sure onboard video is disabled in the bios.

Donot use Beta drivers if the problem persists. Install the latest official release.

Provide more details like the mobo, videocard model# etc...

AMD Phenom II X4 940
Gigabyte GA-MA790Gp-Ud4H
Using onboard graphics (ATi Radeon 3300)
Corsair 2x2 Gb RAM 800 MHz
Windows XP Pro 32bit SP3

Hello.

Are you using the same monitor as when it worked correctly at 800x600?

Try using 16 or 256 colours to see if that works.

Try changing the refresh rate to 'default' or 60Hz.

If the refresh rate were set too high the monitor would either black out or the horizontal width would not fill the screen. Have you checked
to see what refresh rate you're currently using? Open Control Center, Peripherals, Display, and check the refresh rate against what it's supposed to be according to your monitor manual.

A fuzzy or poorly focused screen could also be video related. What video card do you have? Make sure MEPIS is using the correct video card and driver. Also, check what color depth you are using

Back