CPU/Mobo Monitor showing check signal cable

bbsr

Disciple
Unable to start my pc.monitor is showing check signal cable.called mechanic,he told over phone that RAM is faulty.but has not yet turned up.anyone please help.

Any changes recently?? Changed the monitor resolution the last time? or was the CPU connected to some other display?

Yes had Changed the monitor resolution and had adjusted the monotor angle 5 days back, after that i foung more green colour in monitor. But i thought it was due voltage fluctuation.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Forgot to mention.my pc is connected to monitor via tv tunner.

So that means the monitor was working after changing the resolution for a few days.
Best thing you can do is connect the monitor to some other CPU or laptop.
Or reset it if it has some reset to factory defaults button combinations. You will need to search the product manual or online for the exact button presses for reset to factory settings.
Care to mention the exact monitor model? and what you are using for your GFX output? Any dedicated GFX card or on board GFX and at what resolution?

EDIT: Just read ur edit. Try removing the TV Tuner cables for the moment and connect your CPU directly to the monitor.
If that works then connect ur TV tuner back and check the resolution button on ur remote.

Sorry for late reply as replying from my mobile.
Already tried connecting cpu directly to monitor.
I have a gfx card- gf 9500gt. 1gb with vga output.
Monitor model is samsung syncmaster B2230.dont know how to do a factory reset.

Even I do not have an idea about Samsung monitors. But you will need to do some trial error things to make sure which is the faulty link here. :(

Back