Monitors Monitor suggestion for M1 Mac book pro

Viz

Disciple
Namaste,

Need your valuable suggestion in deciding 27” / 32” monitor for my M1 MacBook Pro.

No gaming, work is mostly email, drawing review and CAD.

Inclined towards 27”/ 28” as my desk is only 24” (2 feet deep), 32” will be too big I guess but open to your suggestion, an ultra wide monitor would be nice but I don’t see 4K options with it, my budget is 40k max if needed I can stretch another 5k. Under 30k would be a sweet spot.

Looking to purchase from Amazon, I can also check with local Chroma / Reliance stores to see if the model is available.

Thank you very much for your time.

I have used 1080p 24 inch. The UI was a bit less sharp than Windows but was okay. The least resolution you need for an optimum experience on MAC OS is 1440p 27' . 27' 4k will be the best.

Foe your usecase, I don't see the need for accurate colour reproduction or high brightness, etc. So a normal monitor should be enough.

Since it's MacBook, I'll recommend 27" 4k monitor. For text and drawings, I'd anyway not recommend anything lower than this.

Take a look at this LG monitor, I have a similar model paired with my mac mini.

Since MacBook only has USB-C output, you'll need a cable of this type

Ideally for drawing review and CAD, monitors with tilt function would be more useful.

From your suggestions, the BenQ looks to be the best but is also considerably expensive.

If it’s for work then I’d suggest paying up for the more premium product as personally, I’d never want to compromise on something that I’d be using daily to earn money.

If you can, I’d suggest visiting the local Croma/reliance digital stores and checking if those models are on display. Best way to judge their brightness, quality and features.

Thank you for the time, with the Amazon sale and an Amazon coupon of 4K with me, the Benq monitor is coming around 30k, which fits my budget, just wanted to confirm if it is the right choice to go.

Local stores don’t have this model.

Thank you for the time, with the Amazon sale and an Amazon coupon of 4K with me, the Benq monitor is coming around 30k, which fits my budget, just wanted to confirm if it is the right choice to go.

Local stores don’t have this model.
Just giving you a heads up that the BenQ will be dimmer than the LG you linked.
250 Nits (Benq) vs 320 Nits (LG) base brightness and 350 Nits (BenQ) vs 400 Nits (LG) Peak Brightness, so keep that in mind. If you work in a room with a decent amount of light (artificial or natural), then the LG might be a better bet

Back