Monitors Monitor Suggestion

Hello all,
after much reading, debating, doubting etc.. have decided to buy following:

AMD 955 BE
Asus 785 v EVO
G Skill Ripjaws 2x2 GB

Cm 310 Elite
Corsair CX 400 or CM Real Power 460 (or so i've been suggested in the PSU recommendation thread)

Already have a 9800 GTX so will hold on for a while for a dx11 gpu

Now comes the monitor:
My main use is gonna be watching regular 700mb dvd rips and the regular TV series rips. I might Watch a few Blu ray rips also, once i get a better internet connection ;)
I like watching my movies in the dark and hence would like a monitor with barely noticeable/minimal backlight bleed.
I've read the LED based monitors are known for little or no bleeding (at least not as much as the CCFL lit ones)

hence options are G2410/ G 2210 (though the latter isn't full HD)
The BenQ V-eco whatever is ridiculously expensive atm..

Another option, though not LED is the sp2309W which has AMAZING connectivity options, camera, etc. I would like users to tell me how bad the bleeding on this one is.

Best bang for buck i think is Benq G2220 HD. Also, could folks please tell me how good/bad this is bleed wise?

Any other suggestions? Budget 12-13K.

Comments on config also invited. will buy from SP road most likely. Got someone who knows someone, hence getting really good prices.

Up the Irons!

Try for BenQ G2420HD (Around 11k) or Dell ST2410 (Around 13k) both has got enough connectivity options and are also 24' Full HD monitors.

If you want consider anything other than BenQ or without LED, you can check out the S2409W, got it last week, its pretty darn good !!

Dell ST2410

OR

Samsung P2350 - 11k - Looks stunning

Coming to cabi, have you considered the new NZXT Gamma ?

If you like its design, you must go for it. Just 400 bucks more than the 310 Elite.

Yeah i see that everyone seems to be going gaga over the new ST 2410, but how much does it cost? and how good/bad is it in terms of bleeding? i had the samsung 2033 and it bleeds like an Athenian smote down by a Spartan..

and how does st2410 compare with the ones i listed?

thanks for replies guys!!

keep em coming!

Thanks for all the suggestions. I would just like more info about their performance in the dark (from owners) and level of bleed. I hate it when bleed ruins the movies...

The entire surface of an LCD is backlit from behind by a light source (CCFL light) and the LCD blocks out the light that is not needed. Backlight bleeding occurs when this light is not 100% blocked allowing some light to "bleed" through the LCD causing spots of lighter areas on a dark or black background.

So in general, you wont notice it unless it's a dark scene in a game/movie. During movies it's really really annoying..

Hence was enquiring how LED monitors perform (G2410)

Revolution said:
How about Samsung SyncMaster 2233RZ.....

is it available in india?

Back