More Space....

djmykey

Skilled
I was feeling a little low on the disk space and also was little scared about the Seagate 7200.11 so I got this...

4400/- per piece al inclusive..
Didn't pay my dealer till now :ashamed:

.... is never enough! :p

Btw 4.4k sounds a bit steep? I got it for that price almost a month back! +the ebay coupon gave me a 15% discount.

luster said:
Congrats for the purchase

btw 1TB seagate 7200.12 is available below 4k

Yes.. I knew that... there is a very obvious reason why I didnt go for them.

@Gannu: am scared of getting the HDD couriered :ashamed:

Some other time, I would've told you not to worry, but I can't anymore :p. If it's available locally, get it yourself.

Btw, congrats!

@luster, you ever wonder what's the difference between the Seagate and the WD Green? Hint: It's not just the price.

djmykey said:
Yes.. I knew that... there is a very obvious reason why I didnt go for them.

@Gannu: am scared of getting the HDD couriered :ashamed:

Its called "The admin paranoia" :p

Congrats on the purchase! Now grab one of them and drop in this weekend. :)

@luster, you ever wonder what's the difference between the Seagate and the WD Green? Hint: It's not just the price.

@naga
there was some issue with 7200.11 with SD15 firmware version. seagate had provided updated firmware to solve that issue also.

i was talking abt new 7200.12 , 2 platter 1 tb hdd. both are 32 mb , 7200 rpm. apart form these difference i really don't know any differences between seagte and wd green.

sarang said:
Its called "The admin paranoia" :p

Congrats on the purchase! Now grab one of them and drop in this weekend. :)

Am grounded for this weekend.. I'm apparently supposed to hold fort in absence of mom.... :(

luster said:
@naga
there was some issue with 7200.11 with SD15 firmware version. seagate had provided updated firmware to solve that issue also.

i was talking abt new 7200.12 , 2 platter 1 tb hdd. both are 32 mb , 7200 rpm. apart form these difference i really don't know any differences between seagate and wd green.

No offense dude... just think that (god forbid) something crops up with any drive (just outta bad luck) where will you stand in terms of lost data. Been there twice so just thought of to play safe this time :)

luster said:
@naga

i was talking abt new 7200.12 , 2 platter 1 tb hdd. both are 32 mb , 7200 rpm. apart form these difference i really don't know any differences between seagte and wd green.

Power consumption and speed. The Greens have variable speeds from 5400~7200 (not verified by WD but as posted on many sites). Apart from the reliability factor coming down for Seagate(I have 3 systems running on Seagates as the primary drive, btw), I reckon lower speeds should raise the longevity of the Greens. All the 1TB drives I have for storage are WD Greens (4 in all) based on the 2 factors I mentioned.

I just heard from a friend; (not a reliable source) that 5 WD Caviar Blue's died at his office. Tho I heard that WD's are pretty stable but now am scared :ashamed:

Back