More than 1 PC on Fivenet, Kurla, Mumbai

I am abroad and my girlfriend resides at Kurla and is currently using Fivenet.

She currently has a desktop computer at home. I want a Wifi Router installed at her place, so that she can also use her Nokia E63 phone to VOIP while someone is using her computer.

Questions:

1. Now of what her brother has told me, only a single computer can be used on a connection? Is that a fact? Is there a work around? Does the connection only work with registered MAC ID?

2. What needs to be done to allow a Wifi Router to be connected and what would be the additional cost if any?

3. What do the folks using more than one computer do ? Also the ones who use a Wifi router.

Thanks in advance.

no single connection thing is wrong at my place dad,sis,cell phones all are connected to wifi thers a limit but definetely not one,

2) no additional cost i guess only the wifi router hardly 1400rs

mhafizji said:
no single connection thing is wrong at my place dad,sis,cell phones all are connected to wifi thers a limit but definetely not one,

2) no additional cost i guess only the wifi router hardly 1400rs

Where are u located?

yea, just clone the mac address of the computer on the router, and set up a pppoe connection in thr router (fivenet uses pppoe to connect), after that n number of clients connected to the router will be able to use the internet simultaneously

I've already cloned Router's and my PC's MAC addresses. I've set the wifi router to pppoe, and filled in the details. Whats funny is that after connecting my PC through the router, I get net connectivity on my PC, but not on my cell phone(using wifi). And its probably not my cell @ fault, as i checked with 2 more phones.

Cant imagine why the wifi router shows status "connected", lets me browse stuff on my pc, but fails to connect when tried through wifi.

Back