Mortal Kombat: Devastation (Movie)

For real ?

From Wikipedia

Sequel

Production on a sequel, titled Mortal Kombat: Devastation, was initially scheduled to commence shortly after the release of Annihilation, but it was shelved due to Annihilation's poor box-office performance. It has remained stagnant in preproduction for over a decade, after being mired in development hell for a number of years with numerous script rewrites and story changes, along with the destruction of New Orleans by Hurricane Katrina, which greatly affected one of the shooting locations.[6] No information about the production exists on the official MK website produced by Threshold Entertainment, which has not been updated since 2004.[7] As of early 2007, the only confirmed detail about Devastation is that it will be a reboot of the MK film saga, and that Robin Shou, Chris Casamassa, and Christopher Lambert will reprise their roles. As of March 21 2009 Jason Statham has confirmed to play Kano,Jessica Alba will play Sonya,and Christian Bale will play Jonny Cage

The past movies sucked hard, but if this is the actual starcast :p
Should be fun!!!

COME HERE!!!!!......

The first MK movie was gr8..loved the way it infused their powers ina gr8 yeat cheesy way..but hey,i like the movie

Second one...BAD!!!

Second one fell flat because the CGI was pathetic. Not to mention the character switch was idiotic. James Remar never made a good Rayden as Chris Lambert. Switching Sandra Hess to Sonya was an extremely bad move. Cage got killed off in no less than 5 minutes. The only thing I enjoyed was the end fight between Liu Kang and Shao Khan & the soundtrack. ;)

Agree with Ethan_Hunt, the second was suck-fest.

First was still pretty good for it's time... hell I even enjoyed it to be honest. Wish I had never seen second one though.

Hope this one doesn't disappoint... But seriously, Jessica Alba as Sonya? Not that Sonya's character has lot of scope for acting, but I'm not sure if Alba can look as tough and believable as Sonya.

That Wikipedia entry you read is a bummer.

Here's the real cast:

* Robin Shou - Liu Kang

* Adoni Maropis - Quan Chi

* Linden Ashby - Johnny Cage

* Talisa Soto - Kitana

* Sandra Hess - Sonya Blade

* Chris Casamassa - Scorpion

* Keith Cooke - Sub-Zero

* Matthias Hues - Fujin

* Neil James - Shang Tsung

* Christopher Lambert - Lord Raiden

* Stacey Dash - Tany

PS: Confirm the sources on Wikipedia before believing in anything that is posted there. Otherwise, next thing we will hear about is Paresh Rawal taking on the role of Baraka in the film.:rofl:

Back