Mortal Kombat - Discussion Thread

dinjo

Hell Yeah[Born Critic]
Skilled
Mortal Kombat Discussion Thread [Come Over Here]

ZXY3T.jpg

Mortal Kombat (also known as Mortal Kombat 9) is a fighting game from the Mortal Kombat series. Developed by NetherRealm Studios (formerly known as WB Games Chicago and Midway Games Chicago), it is the ninth installment in the series and the first published exclusively under the Warner Bros. label. Mortal Kombat was released on April 19, 2011 in North America, and has been released on April 21 in Europe on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 systems.

FATALITES are back and they are bloody awesome.

Re: Mortal Kombat Discussion Thread [Come Over Here]

THE GAME is AWESOME!

Although I felt the Storyline could've been improved with features like, Skipping the cutscenes, one on two fights, etc

The combos I felt were not so easy to remember, as SF IV, you have to punch in every button press to perform a combo, it has a steep learning curve.

But I'm liking it :D

Thank god a thread finally got started. I was just about to initiate it, but thought we had very less MK fan following out here. I think me and Vercetti were the only ones interested in this. :p

The game is superb. I'll be religiously starting the story mode in some time now. Has anyone reached Khan yet? How difficult is he on normal mode? What about Kintaro?

PS: Dinjo, it's "Get over here", unless you were using the "Come over here" line as a pun. ;)

I got the 360 version first and the moves were so difficult to pull of on 360 controller so have to move to PS3 DS3 and even Fatality is a piece of cake now.The game has been more accessible now, not like SF series where it take ages to master moves MK is about pickup and start performing combos and moves and the story mode , challenge tower has made the SP worth a play

Come Over Here was to get people here on thread obviously a pun.Haha

PORTAL KOMBAT

Source : Portal Kombat Fatalities w/ Bonus Portals IRL! - Geekologie

This is the game cover for Portal Kombat, a game that only exists in 'a Youtube video of the fatalities' form (video after the jump). Still, it's better than nothing. It's also better than getting hit by a car in a grocery store parking lot, so you should really be thanking your lucky stars right now. Also after the jump: a worthwhile shot of a Portal captured in real life (and allegedly un-Photoshopped) by a fan of the franchise. So yeah, put that in your Portal gun and shoot & kill somebody with it. "Uh, you do know the Portal gun's not an actual projectile-firing weapon, right?" Huh? But they call it a gun. "You've never even seen the game, have you?" Is it anything like Frogger?

1435m8.jpg

watch the video on youtube tooo.. its awesomely done.

3 genres I dislike - fighting, sports and RPG. Although I might give this title a shot sometime later when I am done with all the present backlogs and have absolutely nothing to play.

On a side note, I completely forgot about MK: Legacy TV series which is airing now. Seems like 2 more episodes have turned up! Got to catch up.

dinjo said:
I got the 360 version first and the moves were so difficult to pull of on 360 controller so have to move to PS3 DS3 and even Fatality is a piece of cake now.The game has been more accessible now, not like SF series where it take ages to master moves MK is about pickup and start performing combos and moves and the story mode , challenge tower has made the SP worth a play
PS3 version has Kratos. 'Nuff said. :D

Undy, is the sound output too low for this game on the PS3? I had to turn the volume dial very close to the max limit to get some audible effect.

Yes i can confirm that the sound is low on PS3 version even the loading takes longer in PS3 i played on 360 and the sound was way too awesome on it.

Strangely I found it hard to play on the PS3:(. The weird part is I was almost unable to perform any combo when I played the training mode:(.

Yup...I do agree that SF4 has a difficult set of combos but when u master them the game looks awesome. I can watch SF4 match videos again and again and it just looks marvelous to me...the FADC into ultra when u are just about to die:). The online play is just awesome for SF4:).

Anyone playing this game using a arcade stick?

Mine is just of the xbox360 and I have the game on PS3:(

dinjo said:

Just curious but what fatality does Kratos have? Anyone got any idea?

vercetti said:
Strangely I found it hard to play on the PS3:(. The weird part is I was almost unable to perform any combo when I played the training mode:(.
Yup...I do agree that SF4 has a difficult set of combos but when u master them the game looks awesome. I can watch SF4 match videos again and again and it just looks marvelous to me...the FADC into ultra when u are just about to die:). The online play is just awesome for SF4:).
The combos are dam easy. I could pull off most of Cage's combos and they can easily be memorised. The only tricky part is his X-Ray move, which is a part of the counter move. I suggest you hit the traning mode.

Just curious but what fatality does Kratos have? Anyone got any idea?
He basically grabs the opponent with his Blades of Chaos, bring him/her close enough, pulls out the Blade of Olympus and sticks it right in the back of the enemy and rips him/her apart vertically from the sternum area.

@vercetti...regarding the combo moves & fatalities...please update the game, NetherRealm released an update on the Release day itself. It fixes that problem.

I was not able to perform the combos & easy X-Ray move which is L1+R1, but now it's all easy...although it takes time to master the Combos.

@ethan, if you master the combos, its not that tough on Normal Level, and remember, there are too many fights, I literally mean it. The story mode is about 8-10hrs long, or even more, I haven't finished it yet, as it covers MK 1, 2 & 3 movies altogether.

[youtube]25uJDv4tzGU[/youtube]

[youtube]SMCtwA-Me08[/youtube]

I love the MK series, MK 4 was probably the first fighting game i ever played. I remember spending 10 rupees daily to go and play MK4 in an arcade. My most fav characters back then were Liu Kang and Noob Saibot.

Stupid net is down now, would "source" this game soon :p

xXx said:
@ethan, if you master the combos, its not that tough on Normal Level, and remember, there are too many fights, I literally mean it. The story mode is about 8-10hrs long, or even more, I haven't finished it yet, as it covers MK 1, 2 & 3 movies altogether.
8-10 is really long. I had played till Chapter 2, thats when we take control over Sonya and battle against Jade. I found Cage's dialogues to be hilarious.

The last time I played MK at a stretch was when me and Kevin went in co-op in Shaolin Monks on the PS2. The last battle was a real test of patience, LITERALLY! :mad:

I swear. Bonus is about to be credited....

in like

48H.

Oh man! That is awesome. Get a PS3 now and we can finally see the console clan grow. Ask Aman, he's been consolised since the time he got his PS3. :p

Get MK ASAP and all the exclusives you have been missing out on. :)

@Undy: Dude respond to the sound query I had asked you about this game.

And before I forget, to all the peeps who want a short history of MK's evolution, head over to Game Trailers website. They have a 2 part retrospect video for it. Perfectly sums up the whole series.

^^

Which one is good. Should I just get the cheapest bundle on FlipKart. Want it for GoW, KZ, and MK...mainly. No online play--ever.

Okies! Go for the God of War III 320GB bundle if possible. I'd say that would be the ideal choice. Ample space and a kick-ass game. :)

Back