Storage Solutions Moser Baer Liteon - Communication Error

Sarge

Adept
My DVD Writer Refuses to write DVDs.

Nero6 throws up a 1604 Communication Error.

Ashampoo Burning Studio 8 throws up the following error

Cannot Record to Device.

Is this a software issue. Improper IDE cable installation or is my Writer gone for good?

I tried 2 diff burning applications .. checked on my IDE cable.

Anyone has any ideas ?

ranjitpai said:
My DVD Writer Refuses to write DVDs.

Nero6 throws up a 1604 Communication Error.

Ashampoo Burning Studio 8 throws up the following error

Cannot Record to Device.

Is this a software issue. Improper IDE cable installation or is my Writer gone for good?

I tried 2 diff burning applications .. checked on my IDE cable.

Anyone has any ideas ?

1) since u have tried multiple recording softwares and still the dvd doesnt get written i doubt it can be a software issue.....

2) try writing on dvd-rw disc , if ur dvd is able to write on the dvd-rw , again the writer is kaput as its not able to write on dvd-r media.
3) try dvd-r of another company , at times the drives stop writing stuff to a particular media for no reason whatsoever , u might have had a bad lot of dvd's as well......

4) if all fails , and ur writer is "out of warranty" , u can try flashing the bios to newer, older and try . it 'might' or 'maynot' work.....the 'maynot' scenario will kill the dvd writer completely.

5) if it is in warranty then its time for RMA ....Moser Baer backed by Liteon service or Rashi ? no clue personally , if its liteon backed then decent...if rashi then give for rma and u better get a new dvd rw as well........check with ur dealer....

6) get the samsung sata 20/22x :) its a gem for the price.

Back