Most Anticipated Movies of 2012

Bluffmaster

Skilled
2012 is going to be a great year for great movies. Here is a list of most anticipated upcoming movies of 2012. :D

1. The Dark Knight Rises

This one needs no explanation. Arguably the most anticipated film of 2012.

2. The Hobbit

It will be a long and painful wait for the fans of the LOTR trilogy. The fantastic trailer just raised our expectations. Can this one come even close to the greatness of LOTR trilogy? Me thinks so. :eek:hyeah:

3. The Avengers

Ironman, Thor, Captain America, Hulk and co. all together in a movie, what more can you ask from a comic book film?

4. The Expendables 2

The Men are back. Enough said.

5. Men in Black III

Sequel to one of the most loved series. Plus its Will Smith so Box office success is pretty much guaranteed.

6. Prometheus

A prequel to Alien directed by Ridley scott himself. Surely one of the most anticipated Sci-fi film of 2012.

7. The Amazing Spiderman

A reboot of the Spiderman franchise. I am personally not sold on this but who knows it might just surprise us.

8. The Hunger Games

Interesting concept. This has the potential to be one of the big hits of 2012.

9. Skyfall : Skyfall (2012) - IMDb

Bond returns. AN automatic watch for any 007 fans.

007-SKYFALL-poster-the-man-cave-daily-2012.jpg

10. Wrath of the Titans

A sequel to the Clash of the Titans. The original wasn't a great movie but the sequel just might change that.

11. The Vow

I am a sucker for well made Rom Com movies and this one has all the ingredients to be a great one. A Husband tries to win his wife back after she loses her memory in a car accident. Whats not to like? Plus I have a soft spot for Mcadams. :p

12. Django Unchained

Dicaprio, Sameul L jackson, Waltz, Gordon Lewitt, Foxx, Kurt russel, cohen and wait for it ...... directed by Quentin Tarantino. I am a huge tarantino fan which automatically makes this movie a must watch for me. :D

13. The Bourne Legacy

A film set in the Bourne universe. Although Matt Damon isn't in it but here's hoping it maintains the overall quality of the bourne films.

14. The Great Gatsby

Dicaprio and slated for a 25th December release, the box office success is guaranteed. Oh and it also stars the great Amitabh Bachchan.

15. Taken 2

After the huge success of Taken, it was just a matter of time before a sequel was made. Here's hoping the sequel lives up to the greatness of the original.

16. The Dictator

Another one of Sacha cohen movies based on the "Borat" documentary style. I am sure it is going to be a laugh riot.

17. World War Z

A Zombie movie which stars Brad Pitt, I will have to watch this one.

18. Total Recall

A remake of the Arnold classic starring Colin Farrell. Looking forward to this.

TDKR, Lincoln, The Hobbit and Prometheus for me.

I really hope Ridley Scott knows what he is upto with the Alien prequel - Prometheus. Of all the Alien films and the spin-offs by far, Alien and Aliens (James Cameron) were the only ones that stood out with some brilliant vfx, cinematography and sound tracks. Not to mention Sigourney Weaver portrayed the role of the protagonist exceedingly well (and later, flopped in the third and fourth parts thanks to the useless storylines and directors). This is going to be yet another forgettable one otherwise. Really looking forward for this one.

Here're some more; not sure if they qualify as the most anticipated ones though:

The Grey:

[youtube]gqP2o62sZMs[/youtube]

Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted

[youtube]mVEinXUrEp0[/youtube]

G.I. Joe: Retaliation

[youtube]bSX2oxLdcWA[/youtube]

Ice Age: Continental Drift

[youtube]bdeb7qGSnP4[/youtube]

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

[youtube]ebCawfEnSWU[/youtube]

Frankenweenie (2012) - IMDb

Lincoln (2012) - IMDb - Daniel Day Lewis and Spielberg. 'nuff said.

Gannu said:
TDKR, Lincoln, The Hobbit and Prometheus for me.

I really hope Ridley Scott knows what he is upto with the Alien prequel - Prometheus. Of all the Alien films and the spin-offs by far, Alien and Aliens (James Cameron) were the only ones that stood out with some brilliant vfx, cinematography and sound tracks. Not to mention Sigourney Weaver portrayed the role of the protagonist exceedingly well (and later, flopped in the third and fourth parts thanks to the useless storylines and directors). This is going to be yet another forgettable one otherwise. Really looking forward for this one.

Here're some more; not sure if they qualify as the most anticipated ones though:

The Grey:

[youtube]gqP2o62sZMs[/youtube]

Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted

[youtube]mVEinXUrEp0[/youtube]

G.I. Joe: Retaliation

[youtube]bSX2oxLdcWA[/youtube]

Ice Age: Continental Drift

[youtube]bdeb7qGSnP4[/youtube]

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

[youtube]ebCawfEnSWU[/youtube]

Frankenweenie (2012) - IMDb

Lincoln (2012) - IMDb - Daniel Day Lewis and Spielberg. 'nuff said.

Spielberg has been making shitty movies lately and just the subject of lincoln is so boring. Liam Neeson was doing this film before he pulled out. But I have faith in Daniel Day Lewis.

Didn't the original Ghost Rider suck? Why are they even making a sequel is beyond me. :|

You forgot to add Star Trek 2

Second that, Star trek was refreshingly good. Much better then any of the previous star trek movies.

I am looking forward to Dark knight, and Hobbit. 2012 is sure gonna be spectacular.

Bluffmaster said:
3. The Avengers

Ironman, Thor, Captain America, Hulk and co. all together in a movie, what more can you ask from a comic book film?
Them saving the world ofcource.
Tired of that topic from hollywood. Maybe a movie which chronicles their world saving effort will be bigger than LOTR uncut ver.

mathrisk said:
good year ahead !!

btw, dont we have any anticipation from bollywood. :p

I actually have high hopes from Agneepath. The trailers just look wicked. Then there is Dabbang 2, a possible Munna Bhai sequel and an Aamir Khan film.

Is it just me or 2012 is supposed to be mental?

Did all the directors and producers sit down together and decide that since in 2012 the world is going to end might as well throw every movie at it?

I might just go crazy this coming year.

mjumrani said:
Is it just me or 2012 is supposed to be mental?

Did all the directors and producers sit down together and decide that since in 2012 the world is going to end might as well throw every movie at it?

I might just go crazy this coming year.

No, actually it's other way around.

World is going to end because of too much awesomeness...

lol remember the this year's threads and how it turned out to be fairly disappointing? I definitely am keeping my expectations low :D

lol yea 2011 was supposed to be great and not that much happened really! some sleeper movies came out of nowhere and became a hit

wheres THE RAID?

Back