Most memorable gaming moments (SPOILERS!)

unixguru

Disciple
Reminiscing on the games we have played, there are certain moments that keep coming up in our mind, the moments that made a lasting impression and you are sure you will never forget these moment even on your deathbed. I will list my 5 most memorable moments. Please share yours.

NOTE THAT IF YOU HAVE NOT YET PLAYED A PARTICULAR GAME AND YOU READ, IT COULD COMPLETELY RUIN YOUR EXPERIENCE!

[1]. System Shock 2 :- When Shodan reveals that she has been posing as Polito. Totally unexpected and the way it is revealed is just bizarre and freaky! BioShock does a similar plot twist obviously inspired by the developers earlier game

[2]. Warcraft 3:Reign of Chasos :- When Arthas "succeeds" his father. Then entire cut scene with the huge bells tolling is just spectacular.

[3]. Deus EX :- Conversation with Morpheus. "The human being created civilization not because of willingness but of a need to be assimilated into higher orders of structure and meaning." Undoubtedly the most intelligent piece of writing in gaming history! One should play Deus Ex just for this conversation. How ever wrote that conversation is a genius. The dialogues still give me chills!

[4]. Max Payne :- The first cut scene with Max standing on the rooftops. "They were all dead. The final gunshot was an exclamation mark to everything that had led to this point. I released my finger from the trigger. And then it was over. To make any kind of sense of it, I need to go back three years. Back to the night the pain started". Voice acting was just off the charts, and it really set the tone for the entire game.

[5]. Bioshock :- Introduction to Rapture with a narrative by Adam Ryan himself. " Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? NO. says the man in Washington, it belongs to the poor. NO. says the man in Moscow, it belongs to everyone. NO. says the man in the Vatican, it belongs to GOD". The most memorable bit for me is seeing that huge whale in Rapture!

Fallout 3 : When you come out of your vault for the first time in the open wastelands. My complete opinion of the game changed at that time. The site and scale of the environment was just mindblowing.

Mass Effect 2 : Shepard's speech to all the squad members before going in for the suicide mission.

Shadow of Colossus : Encountering the first colossus.

God of War : Encountering Hydra.

Return to castle wolfenstien : The Zombie mission in the graveyard where the zombies kept coming out of their tombstones. The atmosphere during this portion of the game was freakin creepy.

Medal of Honor Allied Assault : The Omaha beach landing and the famous sniper mission during the end of the game. I still believe that sniper mission is the best among all war games.

Call of Duty 1 : Battle of Stalingrad. That portion of the game was straight out of the opening scene of "Enemy at the gates" and the game created that scene perfectly. Then and there I became a hardcore Call of Duty fan.

Max Payne : The opening scene and the slow soundtrack.

Hitman 2 : The gurudwara mission.

Hitman Contracts : The mission with thousands of NPCs. It was the first time I had seen so many NPCs on the screen together.

Hitman Blood Money : A New Life mission which takes place in an urban neighborhood.

Mafia : The car race mission and the country farm mission.

Syberia : Encountering Automatons for the first time.

GTA Series : Difficult to point out a single instance as there were many memorable moments while playing the series.

Far Cry : Going to the beach for the first time.
My Award for the most memorable games would go to : Return to castle wolfenstein , Mafia , Max Payne, Medal of Honor Allied Assault and Call of Duty 1.

Call of Duty 1 : Battle of Stalingrad. That portion of the game was straight out of the opening scene of "Enemy at the gates" and the game created that scene perfectly. Then and there I became a hardcore Call of Duty fan.
yep it was very well done.world at war also had the same element.and there too i think it was done quite well.

Half Life : When you push the trolley in the chamber and all hell breaks loose.

Oblivion : When you come out of the sewers.

Max Payne : When you press right click for the first time and bullet time kicks in.

Half Life 2 : Playing through Ravenholm, very creepy.

Syberia 2 : When Oscar sacrifices himself so that Hans can live. When you finally see the mammoths.

Gta Vice city:- The climax
Gta III awesome radio tracks.
Devil may cry 3 music.
Need for speed ug2 tracks!
Oblivion:-The cloud ruler temple atmosphere
Hitman contracts:-Traditions of the Trade,Beldingford manor,Rendezvous in Rotterdam
Tomb raider anniversary:- The midas stage.
Tomb raider legend.
Modern warfare .:- The climax
Halo music and gameplay at certain levels.

Back