Budget 0-20k Motherboard and CPU Upgrade. Thanks Guys :)

Hi guys,

Need some advice regarding CPU and motherboard upgrade. The motherboard should have on board graphics ability because I'm not buying a graphic card right now. Further, I may upgrade in the future in terms of RAM/CPU/HDD if required.

I was initially going to go with Intel G2020 and Asus P8H61-M LX3 as is suggested on a few other threads but then I realized that the Asus P8H61-M LX3 only supports RAMs upto 1333 MHz whereas my RipJaw RAM is 1600 MHz so I thought I might as well ask before purchasing.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks a lot ! :)

Questions
  1. What is your budget?
    • 8-10k (Really prefer not to exceed this budget)
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • PSU - CoolerMaster eXtreme 500W
    • Cabinet - CoolerMaster Elite 311
    • RAM - G.Skill RipJaws 4GB DDR3 1600 MHz
    • Monitor - BenQ G922HD 18.5" LCD TFT 16:9
    • Hard Disk - Western Digital Caviar Blue 160 GB
  3. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel G2020
    • Motherboard - GA-B75M-D3H
  4. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • I may buy a graphic card and a better RAM/CPU in the future for the purpose of gaming, but only if required.
  5. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Online or Lamington Road
  6. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  7. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming (Mostly)
    • Downloading
  8. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No
  9. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • BF4
    • Counter Strike 1.6
    • Team Fortress 2
  10. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Highest resolution possible on my monitor 1366x768
  11. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  12. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit

You can go with Gigabyte B75M DH3. If you use a >1333 MHz RAM, it will automatically be set to run at 1333 MHz. You can also change it manually in the BIOS. There is absolutely no problem in that.

I was initially going to go with Intel G2020 and Asus P8H61-M LX3 as is suggested on a few other threads but then I realized that the Asus P8H61-M LX3 only supports RAMs upto 1333 MHz whereas my RipJaw RAM is 1600 MHz so I thought I might as well ask before purchasing
Doesn't make a difference since the G2020 mem controller only supports a max of 1333MHz. The one plus with the B75 chipset though is native USB 3.0 ports.

You can go with Gigabyte B75M DH3. If you use a >1333 MHz RAM, it will automatically be set to run at 1333 MHz. You can also change it manually in the BIOS. There is absolutely no problem in that.
The G75 DH3 motherboard is compatible with 1600 MHz and 2200 MHz also.

Doesn't make a difference since the G2020 mem controller only supports a max of 1333MHz. The one plus with the B75 chipset though is native USB 3.0 ports.
Thanks

Do you guys have any other suggestions to go for with my current budget or do you'll think the combo I suggested is the best option in my budget? Please keep into mind future upgradiblity.

Back