Motherboard bios flashback button related issue

Hello everyone,
I am using asus tuf gaming b550m-e motherboard.
While installing motherboard in cabinet i accidentally broke my bios flashback button.
The whole button( button and its holding) is bend towards inside and its button came out of its holding. But its holding is still attached with motherboard.
The button is not touching motherboard or its holding,but i am not sure that whether bios flashback button is pressed or not as may be when it was bend then their inner connection may get permanently touched.
I am little afraid about this issue and wondering whether it will damage my board in long run.
Is their is any way to find out whether inner connection are touched or not.

I am not sure about this and only guessing that if the contact is made from inside then when i power on to psu (not opening pc power button) then should bios flashback light start blinking. As in my case it is not blinking so can i assume that their is no contact or light will blink only when i insert pendrive in bios port having bios update file.
I request you to please help me on this issue

Don't keep a broken component hanging in there. Since the damage is already done, just break the button off the board. You can go to a local repair shop to get a new button soldered on.

Don't keep a broken component hanging in there. Since the damage is already done, just break the button off the board. You can go to a local repair shop to get a new button soldered on.
If i only get that button removed and did not soldered new one will there be any issue.
And 1last query that as when i power on the psu no bios flashback light if blinking. Does that mean that their iis no connection from inside.
I request you to please help.

Last edited:
And 1 last query that as when i power on the psu (not open pc) no bios flashback light is blinking. Does that mean that their is no connection from inside.
I request you to please help.
Don't worry, just break the button off the motherboard and use your PC as intended.
If the joints of the button are broken it won't make contact and wouldn't work even if pressed but I don't advise leaving the button on the board, just break it off.

You can also check it with a multimeter in continuity mode or you can get this cheap testers for 20-30 rs. If the tester LED glows without pressing the button then the button is bad, you need to get it out, otherwise it okay.

1692175933914.png

You have to put the two probes on these two pins on the backside of the motherboard under the button. By placing the probes on these with one hand you can also try to wiggle the button with the other hand slightly to see if the button is bad at an angle or something. (the led will glow)

1692176744841.png

I can't find high quality image of the backside of the motherboard, apologies. Also you would have turn off all the power to motherboard before doing this.

You can also check it with a multimeter in continuity mode or you can get this cheap testers for 20-30 rs. If the tester LED glows without pressing the button then the button is bad, you need to get it out, otherwise it okay.

View attachment 175848

You have to put the two probes on these two pins on the backside of the motherboard under the button. By placing the probes on these with one hand you can also try to wiggle the button with the other hand slightly to see if the button is bad at an angle or something. (the led will glow)

View attachment 175850

I can't find high quality image of the backside of the motherboard, apologies. Also you would have turn off all the power to motherboard before doing this.
Thanku very much sir.
I will try to get this from my local market
Will update you after testing.
Again thanks for help..

Try what others have suggested. The button and its relative circulatory isn't at all crucial nor mandatory for normal operations of the mobo so nothing is going to be affected.
You can flash bios from the dedicated usb slot given for bios flashing.

Only issue here is that this comes under physical damage so no more warranty on your mobo sadly.
Just use it carefully don't do anything silly, no oc and henceforth be very careful wrt any peripheral installations, removals etc.

Back