Motherboard Fan Support

Viz

Disciple
Namaste,
One of my team mate working from home, is having an issue with his mother board fan support(please see attached pic),I think its an MSI X470 mother board,can this part available online? Please help
-Sri

Attachments

• IMG_20200912_092725.jpg
    IMG_20200912_092725.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 97
Do you mean the CPU fan doesn't turn on when connected to hightlighted pins? He can try other pins, IIRC there are 2-3 other pins available over the board. Otherwise there's a converter which lets you connect multiple fans to single SATA power. Maybe he can try that?

Do you mean the CPU fan doesn't turn on when connected to hightlighted pins? He can try other pins, IIRC there are 2-3 other pins available over the board. Otherwise there's a converter which lets you connect multiple fans to single SATA power. Maybe he can try that?
One of the brackets which hold on to the heatsink clips is broken.

OP, try local computer shops. I think with recent AM4 ryzens, all low end heatsinks dont need that bracket and its alweays removed. So very good chance of finding one removed from some motherboard at your local PC shop

Thanks will try local , just in case any chance of getting it somewhere online? Thanks for all your help and time

Seems someone don’t know how to take the processor fan out tried to take that out forcefully, my team mate claims it was damaged in transport which I highly doubt

Seems someone don’t know how to take the processor fan out tried to take that out forcefully, my team mate claims it was damaged in transport which I highly doubt

It will be bit of task to find it.
My suggestion would be to check if you have any old AMD motherboard lying around.
Try and see if the bracket from old board can be installed here, there are chances it might.
But I'm not sure, what I'm sure of is old AM2 socket cpu coolers are still compatible with AM4 sockets with just plug and play support.

Back