CPU/Mobo Motherboard for 7800X3D

HE-MAN

Patron
Buying 7800X3D confused about motherboard and ram. Need 16x2 6000mhz cl30 preferable in white (not important though). Motherboard needs to be MATX so that in future can I downgrade whole system to MATX case, currently using Lian Li Mesh 2.
Zeroed on the above mobo.
TEAMGROUP T-CREATE EXPERT Overclocking 10L DDR5 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) 6000MHz (PC5-48000) CL30 Intel XMP 3.0 & AMD EXPO Compatible Desktop Memory Module Ram White - CTCWD532G6000HC30DC01 v- 16000
This ram found on Amazon, I don't want to purchase from Amazon though.
Thanks

Also keep in mind that in India gigabyte after sales support seem best currently for motherboards followed by asus then msi. Asrock changed their rma partner a few months back so not enough feedback but now their policy is to only collect defective mobo at their collection centre which then ship it to Bangalore centre which then check/send replacement so no advantage of being in a tier-1/metro city except Bangalore as now every location is practically same & no more walk in a service centre for getting mobo checked/repaired/replaced.

I am using 7800x3d with gigabyte B650m-ds3h and it works without issue. Has not crashed even once with tweaked settings. Happy with it.
Also has a nice way to trigger gpu removal from slot. Handy as it can tight. I broke the pcie latch on my last board ( did not cause any issue).

My first choice were Asrock matx ( HDV m2 or better the RS one), based on reviews as they were cheaper and with more features, but they not available in India back then.

yeah, look at HUB videos for reference, but 7800x3d does not need high end VRM as it does not use much power.

Would have voided the warranty though which is just as bad in case got unlucky & require rma.
yeah, thankfully no issue and now its almost out of warranty.
There is hardly any space to press the latch ( 3080 zotac) and gpu is quite heavy.
First time i worked with something like that coming from a tiny 1050 mini, and i think i broke it in first try itself when trying to remove it to diagnose an issue.

Best option is to have a button to release the gpu, some boards have that. ATX might be fine too.
Next best option is the gigabyte easy latch which basically extends it to be more easily reachable.
Still have to use a pencil to do it, but it works well. So happy that i got gigabyte instead of Asrock.

yeah, thankfully no issue and now its almost out of warranty.
There is hardly any space to press the latch ( 3080 zotac) and gpu is quite heavy.
First time i worked with something like that coming from a tiny 1050 mini, and i think i broke it in first try itself when trying to remove it to diagnose an issue.

Best option is to have a button to release the gpu, some boards have that. ATX might be fine too.
Next best option is the gigabyte easy latch which basically extends it to be more easily reachable.
Still have to use a pencil to do it, but it works well. So happy that i got gigabyte instead of Asrock.
Actually I learned about this today only & found one more reason to suggest gigabyte over asrock/msi/asus at least for motherboards. Do all gigabyte mobos come with this easy latch feature?

Do all gigabyte mobos come with this easy latch feature?
Dunno, i think yes for B650 gigabyte - when i was looking in oct 2023 - but better check rather than assume.
Mine had it and that helped me chose this over msi one ( was already leaning towards it).

But other manufacturers can also have similar ideas. I have seen button release in some boards which is even nicer.
Just has to be in cheaper boards and not just the highest priced ones.

I am using 7800x3d with gigabyte B650m-ds3h and it works without issue. Has not crashed even once with tweaked settings. Happy with it.
Also has a nice way to trigger gpu removal from slot. Handy as it can tight. I broke the pcie latch on my last board ( did not cause any issue).

My first choice were Asrock matx ( HDV m2 or better the RS one), based on reviews as they were cheaper and with more features, but they not available in India back then.

yeah, look at HUB videos for reference, but 7800x3d does not need high end VRM as it does not use much power.
what ram you have?

Got for it for 9k after all discounts in diwali sale. Running it at 6000 C30 with manual settings + with buildzoid tweaks.
This has hynix which tunes better. Expo profile that it comes with by default has 6000 C36 along with 6400.

Details of build here

Ram speeds matter less for 7800x3d btw. It holds up well even without ram OC due to extra cache.

How about this ?
Look at specs and see if it has what you need.

For VRM, you can look for reviews in HUB. Many videos, find one which has your target motherboard. Probably should be fine, but i don't know about latest boards.
Most boards should work fine with 7800x3d would be my guess, but we can try to avoid ones with bad vrms (for the money).

From this video ( 23:50) , it seems B650m gaming x ax is a bit better than B650m ds3h, so should be more than enough for 7800x3d.

Last edited:
I chose MSI B650 Gaming Plus wifi based on that HUB video just wanted to double check here, still confused on the ram part.
Look at the price and features and decide i guess. MSI one is not matx maybe, usually name should have b650m instead of B650.

Ram you can go for 6000C30. The one that i linked can run at that speed (atleast mine did), but needs to be tuned manually in bios.
That said, 7800x3d runs well even with slow ram. I went for that one because it was relatively cheap and i hoped it had hynix which it did.

AMD is running two free games offer on certain products. 7800X3D including, have asked PCstudio about the offer, haven't heard back. Space Marine 2 is one of the games, Which I was going to buy anyway.

My Build is complete now. Went with the MSI B650M Gaming Plus Wifi and Gskill Flare X5 ram. CPU was running at 1.3v by default after updating to latest bios its runs at 1.191v by default, boosting to 4950mhz while staying under 65c. CPU cooler is Deepcool LS520 SE WH. Have any of you tried undervolting ?

My Build is complete now. Went with the MSI B650M Gaming Plus Wifi and Gskill Flare X5 ram. CPU was running at 1.3v by default after updating to latest bios its runs at 1.191v by default, boosting to 4950mhz while staying under 65c. CPU cooler is Deepcool LS520 SE WH. Have any of you tried undervolting ?
I used core optimizer + also set temp limit to 79 without losing performance + tuned ram a bit. Details here

Back