Budget 0-20k Motherboard for AMD Ryzen 5600G

ron07

Recruit
Already purchased all the components, but returned Mobo (MSI B550M PRO-VDH) because of booting issues. Need suggestions for MoBo only

My current build:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
RAM: Corsair 16 GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz C16 XMP
PSU: Cooler Master MWE 550 80 Plus Bronze
SSD: WD Blue SN570 250GB SSD (3300 MB/s)

Kindly suggest the best budget Mobo for this Config. Budget - 15K. Can stretch to 20K if required.

This b550 tomahawk is good for your requirements but I suggest to buy new.
New comes with 3yrs warranty and refurbished has only 6 months though you can save 5k approx.

This b550 tomahawk is good for your requirements but I suggest to buy new.
New comes with 3yrs warranty and refurbished has only 6 months though you can save 5k approx.
True, but if you log on to the MSI site, you can enter the serial number and see if there's any manufacturer warranty remaining.

ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming WiFi 6 (AMD AM4 Socket for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen) ATX Gaming Motherboard with PCIe 4.0, teamed Power Stages, BIOS Flashback, Dual M.2 SATA 6 Gbps USB & Aura Sync https://amzn.eu/d/ck4AiAN

This one is in my wishlist, you can get this below 20k from other website.

This has wifi 6 and bluetooth 5.2 these wese 2 major requirement for me as in pc these things are not built in. Other slots are also nice. Have a look.

ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming WiFi 6 (AMD AM4 Socket for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen) ATX Gaming Motherboard with PCIe 4.0, teamed Power Stages, BIOS Flashback, Dual M.2 SATA 6 Gbps USB & Aura Sync https://amzn.eu/d/ck4AiAN

This one is in my wishlist, you can get this below 20k from other website.

This has wifi 6 and bluetooth 5.2 these wese 2 major requirement for me as in pc these things are not built in. Other slots are also nice. Have a look.
If you dont need wifi and bluetooth then for this same series they have lower models also.

For 20k you can get Asusu rog strix b550. One hell of a mobo and asus great service.
Using one so can vouch on it.
Many people are suffering due to msi service.

Yes, Asus rog strix b550 is a good board. I'd used it for 2 months. worked flawlessly and like nritech said Asus's service support is commendable.

Why do you want to spend 15-20K for a motherboard for a 5600G? Just get a basic B550 motherboard and call it a day. I have the B550M DS3H and can vouch for it.

Get this for 7100, save the remaining and use it for a better graphics card/ram/etc which can actually make a difference in performance.

Why do you want to spend 15-20K for a motherboard for a 5600G?
I was thinking the same. Doesn't look like he is building a high end machine. So why buy ASUS ROG Strix B550-F or Tomahaw B550.

Better save money and invest in more RAM or better PSU. 550W is enough for this setup but 650W Gold PSU will safeguard for future and will get longer warranty.

How are these 20K mb better than than the basic ones like the Gigabyte one mentioned above ? (apart from the bells & whistle like RGB, WIFI, BT)

How are these 20K mb better than than the basic ones like the Gigabyte one mentioned above ? (apart from the bells & whistle like RGB, WIFI, BT)

1660153729645.png

If you are looking for budget mobo with good price to features ratio, go for Asrock B550m Pro4. Has decent VRMs, good audio, ample ports and several other features. You can use the VRM tier list here to get a better idea:

LTT VRM tier list

You can also check out msi b550 gaming plus, it is very similar to msi tomahawk and used ones on this forum list around 8-9 k (there was one listed here a few days back) , it is a good board even if you decide to go for a 5800x , and for anything higher then this you might as well want to go for a good x570 board...

Back