CPU/Mobo Motherboard for AMD

lethal

Disciple
Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy a new AMD processor 6000+ (most prolly) and i need a good motherbord to use with it.

My budget for mobo is about 6000 (MAX 6500)... I'd be using an external GFX card with the mobo, so onboard GFX is not necessary.. also, i wont be using SLI either.

Please suggest me a best mobo that i can use.
Cheers,
Lethal

I would have gone with Intel, but i have had some bad experiences with it.

I believe AMD athlon X2 6000+ (3Ghz) would be faster than C2D e7200. Plus, AMD is cheaper as compared to Intel.

I can also go for 5200+ but i'll need a good mobo to use with it.

Keep the suggestions coming... :)

Cheers,

Lethal

if u r going for amd...go for cheaper ones...upto 5200+....costlier ones..not worth it..as suggested go for e7200...or mayb a e8400..

Look E7200 at stock can beat X2 6400+ by 10% margin in almost everything ....check any website for reviews.....plus with Abit IP35E u can overclock it upto 4Ghz with a decent cooler n at this spped it can give Q9775 costing 50K a run for its money......

SO beleive me E7200 is much better than X2 or even X3...

If u r still opting for AMD then get X3 8450 costing less than 5K...better than X2 n get a decent board like Gigabyte 780G (even if u dont want onboard) or Jetway JHA06(for CrossfireX)...having onboard plus two PCIE X16(X8) for crossfire

i'm sure the experiences are one off, and probably in the prescott PIV days . those days are long past . Suggest you approach this with an open mind :)

PS: I'm a diehard AMD fan, but in your case , Intel makes more sense :)

I know get yourself an E7200 + a P35 or P45 chip.

You'll be much happier when the electricity bill comes...:bleh:

Can you guys also shed some light on the prices of all intel stuff that you mentioned?
abitip35 + e7200 = Rs. ????.00 (i hope it comes under 10k)

e7200 is around 5.3-5.5k and abit ip35-e is around 5.2k . You can also opt for biostar tp35d2-a7 motherboard which is 1 k cheaper than abit ip35, that would be under 10k for sure .

lethal, are you going to overclock? else you can save some cash by sacrificing some of the ocing options and getting a more mainstream board :)

And if you don't intend to overclock much and want a cheaper option then

Abit N73V/Asus P5N-mx (nVidia 7050 based ) are also worth a consideration.

These sell around 2800 bucks.

The Alchemist said:
And if you don't intend to overclock much and want a cheaper option then
Abit N73V/Asus P5N-mx (nVidia 7050 based ) are also worth a consideration.

These sell around 2800 bucks.

but 7050 doesn't support dual channel DDR2..:bleh:

^^ You can get a Gigabyte G31 motherboard. It supports dual channel ram and you can overclock your processor decently enough.

I got my E8400 to 3.7 Ghz with just a slight bump in the voltage. It could go higher with more voltage, but I was not interested in overclocking this rig.

If you keep the overclocking aside [m not much of an overclocker :)]...

how much of performance difference will I see if i use Ip35-e OR Abit N73V OR Asus P5N-mx.

Will the mainboard still make a difference in the performance?

Back