CPU/Mobo Motherboard for Pentium 2.4Ghz 478

Rahul

Skilled
one of mine fren was having zenith intel PC ..... his mobo is gone ..... he wants a new mobo with good inbuilt graphics..... wat u guys suggest as i am not much into intels ...... his motherboard was D845GVAD2 ..... and he is having a 2.4Ghz proccy dunno know which core.... ......

he can go for around 6k without problem .....but thing is he is not getting a graphics card so that sud have a good inbuilt solution ...... i was thinking about the boards having 9200 IGP from ATi ....... only ASUS and Intel are available here ..... so wat u say guys ...

as i said he is getting the mobo from home ...... i mean his parents sending it to him but they are not ready for a graphics card ...... i dunno y

Well if a good IGP is needed, go for the Gigabyte GA-8TRS350MT. It has an RS350 northbridge and should perform quite decently. If thats not available, P4R800-Deluxe or whatever from asus is a good deal too.

thanks guys i have given him the name of the same mobo's u guys are telling that is P4R800-Deluxe and P4P800-VM ..... lets see wat he gets ..... anyways is intel extreme graphics 2 is better than 9200 IGP ....

SunMysore said:
in tht case get a asus P4P800-VM...Asus 865G chipset...

When friends ask me suggestions for a low budget Intel setup I always suggest this MoBo and so far 3 of my friends systems have this board installed for over one year and none of them have given any problems..... SO FAR !!

I guess that board is ok, I dont know the indian market very well but intel boards (although no ocing) are rocksolid and dont droop as much as ASUS boards do. I think he should be fine with that tho

wtf O_O intel chipsets ATM are much better than ATi's.....especially for intel procs.

If he wants the bestchipset for his 478 chip that would be the 875P

kev182 said:
If he wants the bestchipset for his 478 chip that would be the 875P

I have been using an ASUS P4C800ED board which is based on the 875P chipset for over a year and it is ROCK SOLID. Never seen a lockup or BSOD. It overclocks my 2.4C CPU quite nicely.

yea, the p4c800 e-dlx is one of the best 478 boards, up there with the Abit IC7-G and DFI 875B

Although that board has one of the worst vcore droops under load. Which is why 90% of the ocers using that board to a droop mod.

Back