Motherboard+Processor+Ram

kRuSnIk

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
CPU - Athlon X4 635
Motherboard - Asus M3A78EM
GPU - ATI 6850
RAM - 4GB DDR2
Monitor -E2200HD
SMPS - FSP SAGA II 500
HDD - 160GB + 500GB SATA

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Monitor - E2200HD
SMPS - FSP SAGA II 500
GPU - HD6850
HDD - 500GB

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU - i5 2400
Motherboard - Need Crossfire Capable MB
RAM - 2 or 4 GB DDR3, whichever fits in budget, will upgrade later

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Bangalore
Open to online purchase

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Watching HD movies

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - 1920x1080

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
Maybe

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit

Honestly stick to a normal H67 and then upgrade to a single powerful GPU from the HD7xxx later.

I would suggest

Core i5 2400 ~ 9.3k

MSI H67MA-E35 ~ 4.6k

4GB GSkill Rip Jaws 1600MHz CL9 single stick ~ 2.2k

Total: ~16.1k.

This itself breaches your budget bit. If you want XFire mobo then you should go for P67 for proper 2* x8 support. So the cheapest is the MSI P67A-GD55 ~ 9.4k

The Gigabyte is costlier and lacks USB 3.0. So the MSI one is more VFM IMO. Though Gigabyte is a tier-1 company and MSI is generally considered as Tier-2

Thanks for the help. I'm thinking of going for Gigabyte as it has crossfire support [x4] and I'm not too much worried about USB 3.0. Wanted to know if the above Gigabyte board is good enough ?

Crossfiring two gpus on a board which has second pci-e slot working at x4 is really not worth it... It would be better if you'd go with a mobo which has a single pci-e x16 slot with other features like usb3 sata3 ;)

As i said you need 2* x8 support in case of XFire which is not possible with a H67 mobo. Its pointless to go x4 since it will cripple the GPU performance a lot.

If you dont want USB 3.0 or SATA 6Gbps then go for the Gigabyte GA-H61-D2-B3 ~ 3.5k

Back