CPU/Mobo motherboard query

ujustbugme

Disciple
i need to know which intel motherboard can support a quad core processor (q9300) , windows 7 64bit , ddr3 ram

is there any option in and around 4k

and also please suggest amd processor and motherboard combo ... quad core +ddr3 ram support ... (under 11-12k)

thnks

Intel G31 onwards, all Intel mobo's support Q9300.

All mobo's that Q9300 can be mated with support Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit...

GIGABYTE EP43T-UD3L : 6,500

Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3LR : 6,500

Intel original counter-parts are going to be costlier...

Dunno about MSI.. But I don't think you can get a Intel board that supports DDR3 for around 4 Grands....

u wont get a motherboard which supports a q9300 under 4k. and lga775 higher end motherboards are also out of stock these days. (as of nehru place).
u can opt for gigabyte ud3l for 6150 (direct advantage nehru place).

and for amd.
amd phenom 955 + MSi 785gm mobo will cost approx 13k (ask for SMC int Nehru place)
and with amd phenom 965 it will cost u approx 14k.

for msi mobo's always ask SMC int Nehru place. u can get msi boards really cheap from there.
i got msi 790fx and phenom 965 from smc for (18500)
and everyone else in nehru place gave me a price of (19300).
if u still find amd combo out of ur budget. then my advice will be that u go for a high end board like 790gx or wait a little for 890gxm. and get urself a phenom 555 and unlock it to quadcore.
always go with a good mobo when u r opting for AMD. because it makes upgrade easy.
and good mobo can take out real perfromance from even a cheap processor. but vice-versa is not always gud.

is this the right choice ....

AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE -- 8500

GA-MA785GM-US2H -- 4500

this supports ddr2 ram

gigabyte or msi ....which would be better

the choice is ok. but if u can try getting rid of ddr2 then its gud.
with this choice u r getting ur combo for - 13k
in the same price u can get msi785 mobo with ddr3 support.

and when it comes to AMD i'll prefer MSI. Msi boards are doing wonders with AMD. look at comparisons on tom's hardware.

and ddr3 ram will cost u 2200 -2700 for 2gb stick.
u can have only 2gb at this time and after 2-3 months upgrade it to 4gb.

else take a gskill kit for 4gb 1333mhz - 5600.

and if u don't want to see "thuban'' amd hexa core resting on your mobo then i think DDR2 will also do.

when it comes to 890gx
the only option available is msi 890gxm
and gigabyte 890gx which is micro atx.

thoese boards are just entry level 8series chipset. and for gud boards we have to wait.

and 890gx just has a gud improved suthbridge so taht it can support usb 3.0 and sata 3.0.

hi bro.
there's a guy in members market.
he is selling his evga 750 sli. for 4.5k
as far i noe it supports q9300 and it also supports sli.
these boards r gud overclockers also.
confirm the cpu support on net and look forward for the deal.

i think m gonna stick with ddr2 .... ddr3 just doesnt fit in my budget ......
m gonna buy this pc in june ....and if prices go down by then .... i'll consider then ....
how much does ddr2 2*2 cost right now in Nehru Place ..... which company would be best .....
and is SMC best for overall computer buying ... or should i opt for C2C or CE or any others

if u want to buy ddr2 then my friend it will be more costlier then as of now.
as of today.
kingston - 1270 (800mhz 1gb)
simmtronics - 1070 (800mhz 1gb)
just check out my thread in market forum.
i got two new sealed ram's. (got RMA)
of kingston 800mhz. i can give u both of them for 1800.

and if ur planing in june then my friend ''thuban' will come out on 26th april. and then something else would be ur priority. and at that time i can bet that ddr3 will be mainstream and will be cheaper.

and for pc buying
just go to SMC and tell him that ur a techenclave member. (to the owner).
and after that he will help u for sure.
i had a personal experience. i got 790fx from smc and on next day it stopped working. but SMC international owner Sachin already knew me as i had mentioned the same at the tume of purchase. so when i went to SMC with the nonworking board he directed me to his engineer. his engineer was in a hurry and kept me waiting and told me to come next day. i just called sachin and said i am from 'te' and after hearing this he asked his engineer to keep me on top priority.
after the engineer checked my board he asked his supervisor for the replacement. after that SMC asked me to come next day and get a new board as 790fx was 'out of stock'. again i called sachin and he arranged the board for me in the next 2 hours,
people at SMC really cooperate and i'll prefer it.
i am having links at C2C and direct advantage. but after this dealing i'll always prefer SMC.

i went to nehru place yesterday and visited SMC

these are the prices that they quoted :-

AMD Phenom II X4 955BE - 8400

gigabyte 785US2H - 4400

ddr2 ram kingston 2*2 = 4800

1 TB HDD WD 4000

MSI ATI R5750 - 8400

coolermaster elite 310 - 1600

coolermaster 460W psu - 2500

these are only prices of the cpu ..... i might buy the cpu end of march or 1st week of april and then buy the monitor and rest of the stuff in june b/4 i head off to college

are these prices fair according to the current market ..

ujustbugme said:
i went to nehru place yesterday and visited SMC
these are the prices that they quoted :-

AMD Phenom II X4 955BE - 8400
gigabyte 785US2H - 4400
ddr2 ram kingston 2*2 = 4800
1 TB HDD WD 4000
MSI ATI R5750 - 8400
coolermaster elite 310 - 1600
coolermaster 460W psu - 2500

these are only prices of the cpu ..... i might buy the cpu end of march or 1st week of april and then buy the monitor and rest of the stuff in june b/4 i head off to college

are these prices fair according to the current market ..

Firstly , why are you going for DDR2 setup when DDR3 is futureproof .

Secondly why are you going for Cooler Master Extreme series PSU . They are crap . Don't go for ATI 5750 , go for ATI 5770

XFX Ati 5770 - 10.1k
Gigabyte 785G UD2H - 5.5k
Gigabyte Pro 460W - 2.2k

Back