CPU/Mobo Motherboard to Go with My Current Graphics Card

Hi All,

I have had bought this Sapphire Radeon HD6870 1 GB GDDR5 Ram for some time now.

Said that, the current mobo that I have i.e. Asus P5WDH Deluxe motherboard though supports this graphics card, is not able to utilize the maximum bandwidth of the card with the older Version (1.0) of PCI Express x16 slot it have and not to mention the even older Intel`s motherboard chipset it comes with i.e. Intel 975x.

Also, I have been experiencing lag, specially after after installing Windows 8 in terms of OS going unresponsive(while playing some media or while working on Office 2013) for few second and then and error notification popping out stating "The Graphics Card stopped responding". This is becoming pretty painful, so I am planning to replace the motherboard with a more compatible version which could also go along with other components on my PC.

Now while doing so, I have to keep in mind that following components stay on:-

i) Corsair DDR2 4GB Ram.
ii) Corsair VX 450 Watts SMPS.
III) APC 700 UPS

Along, with other components as below in my signature including CPU fans, Cabinet and HDDs.
Please advice a good motherboard, that comes well within the range of less than 10K such that it have good money to feature ratio and suffice my current requirement.

PS: Also, could you please advice if there could be any other reason such as low power supply, earthing issue leading to the problem as above mentioned.

NB: While browsing across the net, I realized that my current mobo has PCIe 1.0 slot, whereas the Graphics card come with a PCIe 2.1 version.
Now, so as to stick with my current processor I definetly need to stick with LGA775 socket(so all the latest mobos goes out of question :p).

So, basically I will require a motherboard with LGA775 Socket, with chipset such as Q45, P45 so as it have PCIe V 2.1 on board, and support to DDR2 Ram(though a only DDR3 Ram supporting mobo can be considered if its worth it). Looking forward to listen you techies if any mobo to meet my requirement comes to your mind.

Back