Motherboards Dying and I can't find the cause

Sounds like a faulty contact somewhere, probably on the RAM sticks. Get yourself a bottle of isopropyl/rubbing alcohol and disassemble your PC. Meticulously clean every single component and its contacts with the alcohol. Take extra care with the copper contacts of the RAM sticks and the GPU. Try using this method. Clean the power cables coming from the PSU as well, just to be sure. Clean the dust out of the DIMM slots and PCIE slots etc using compressed air or a vaccum cleaner.

Imho, that should fix it. How many RAM sticks do you have? You said the customer service guy replaced one of them, but have you tried using just one stick?

Also, when you did randomly get the PC to run, did it ever crash? Did you try stress testing it with a game or a tool like OCCT? Next time do a stress test and use HWINFO to verify that all the temps are reasonable.

That is unfortunate situation.
btw, Did you try to remove BIOS battery for 20mins and try to do the above.
Sorry for replying so late. Yes I had already tried that as to reset the bios. But I had not even touched a single setting in the bios. Removing the battery did nothing.

Sounds like a faulty contact somewhere, probably on the RAM sticks. Get yourself a bottle of isopropyl/rubbing alcohol and disassemble your PC. Meticulously clean every single component and its contacts with the alcohol. Take extra care with the copper contacts of the RAM sticks and the GPU. Try using this method. Clean the power cables coming from the PSU as well, just to be sure. Clean the dust out of the DIMM slots and PCIE slots etc using compressed air or a vaccum cleaner.

Imho, that should fix it. How many RAM sticks do you have? You said the customer service guy replaced one of them, but have you tried using just one stick?

Also, when you did randomly get the PC to run, did it ever crash? Did you try stress testing it with a game or a tool like OCCT? Next time do a stress test and use HWINFO to verify that all the temps are reasonable.
Nope. That's the thing : it never crashed while it was running. To make sure of that , I stress tested it and left it on for 6 hours straight but once I turned it off for the night, it just would not turn on the next day

To everyone who helped me, THANK YOU VERY MUCH . I received the pc from the repair guy today, he confirmed my suspicion of ram being bad. But the thing that killed it was not certain till just minutes ago. He had said in the morning after hearing my issue that he himself will come to my house and test the power outlet.

At first, the voltage seemed normal but then suddenly there were huge spikes in voltage. So he asked to check the grounding wire , I just tapped on the wire and it was constant again. So the repair guy asked me to tighten the wire or get someone to do it. Like heck I will ask the same guy who said that everything was okay and then literally cost me two motherboard and many many ram sticks to tighten the wire and risk it all.

From my experience, I learned the following so that you don't have to :
1. Never trust an electrician
2. Everything until now was due to static energy buildup - the biggest killer of RAMs
3. Me being illiterate about the wiring thing was the major blunder made by me.

Anyway, Again thanks to all of you who kept on reading and game me ideas. Even if I received the correct answers all this time, the same electrician just wouldn't budge to check the wiring which is partially my fault for not using enough pressure. Hope the future searchers will benefit from the post.

Good that you could trace the root cause.
From the initial comments, felt PSU or house power supply could be the problem, since others suggested the same and you had already verified it with electrician, ruled that side out.
Yes, lot of electricians in our place are a weird bunch about earthing, power stability, etc. They just won't listen, will make us silent on topic like this, we eventually stop stalking about it.
Learned this hard and dangerous way.

This was fun to watch play out. Like a computer murder mystery, haha. And to think all you needed to do was check the mains voltage. Good thinking by the repair guy, but then again, faulty wiring like yours is probably a issue he sees all the time.

Back