Android Moto G 2014 Lollipop battery issue

Anyone facing battery issues on Moto G 2014 after updating to lollipop? Mine hangs in between and then switches off. It works only after plugging in the charger and charging it all over again. I have lose over 20-30% charge every time this happens.
Strangely today at first charging dint work when I plugged it in. After sometime it crashed again like mentioned above and suddenly charging works from 0%

My phone freezed up completely for the first time in 1yr after I installed Lollipop. It has happened 2 times since. When it freezes up, touchscreen stops responding. If I keep power button pressed, the Power Off option is displayed but I am unable to click it. Only option is to keep Power button pressed for 10 sec to forcefully shut it down.

EDIT: I am using Moto G 1st gen

Moto G Gen 1 here.Battery is causing a lot of lag in general.
No problems with switch-off/on.
For below 20% guys - disable Battery Saver in case you missed it.

Those who haven't upgraded yet :
I wish i hadn't upgraded :p
Power Toggle Gone.Settings panel is not so comfortable.Power button can't be used to go in Silent-mode.

Moto G Gen 1 here.Battery is causing a lot of lag in general.
No problems with switch-off/on.
For below 20% guys - disable Battery Saver in case you missed it.

Those who haven't upgraded yet :
I wish i hadn't upgraded :p
Power Toggle Gone.Settings panel is not so comfortable.Power button can't be used to go in Silent-mode.
You can go to silent mode using volume down/up key. I think its even more convenient than using the power button.

Oh yes.It works well.
The previous power button could go into air-plane mode/silent mode in a single click.
Maybe I got too attached to it.
I agree the power toggle was handy. But now that it's gone we can do nothing about it. We just have to work with what's present, don't you agree?

Yeah...but we can always switch back to the previous O.S. by flashing our device since most of our phones are out of warranty.
I might do this after my exams in May.
I agree the power toggle was handy. But now that it's gone we can do nothing about it. We just have to work with what's present, don't you agree?

Back