Moto G battery life and camera performance ?

Is Moto G really nice with 5MP Camera and Dual Sim specification?

• Best Phone under 15K

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • Not worth the price

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Johann

Recruit
I am planning to buy Moto G.

Heard from few people that the phone eats up battery even though if we use single sim and the camera's LED is not worth it..can anyone please help with a real review(who have used Moto G) and perhaps have faced issues ...

Non-removable Li-Ion 2070 mAh battery for Moto G. Nexus 5 has way aroung 2300 i guess...but does it eat battery life even though if we use single sim is the question as pointed by some users in other forums!

Battery life is very good. Much better than Xperia SP.
Camera is on par or somewhat inferior to the SP on auto. manual settings for Moto G is good and gives good results.

Non-removable Li-Ion 2070 mAh battery for Moto G. Nexus 5 has way aroung 2300 i guess...but does it eat battery life even though if we use single sim is the question as pointed by some users in other forums!

Nexus 5 has 1080p screen with way more pixels. 2300 mAH is not enough for it. Moto G easily gives more than 5hrs SoT and 2 hrs Voice Calls as tested by me on my dad's phone.

I know how for some Google Now may be very important, but turning Google Now and Location Services off will go a long way in increasing the battery standy time. I can get through 2 days easily on my Note 2 with ~ 4-5 hours of screen-on time.

Nexus 5 has 1080p screen with way more pixels. 2300 mAH is not enough for it. Moto G easily gives more than 5hrs SoT and 2 hrs Voice Calls as tested by me on my dad's phone.
Thanks Sobirvs..its pretty informative...any other nice or strange things you noticed?

Battery life is very good. Much better than Xperia SP.
Camera is on par or somewhat inferior to the SP on auto. manual settings for Moto G is good and gives good results.
But still a friend suggested that it can be compared with the 8MP cam group considering the quality...any thoughts?

But still a friend suggested that it can be compared with the 8MP cam group considering the quality...any thoughts?

Nope, it's decent for a 14k phone though. If you are considering a phone for 13k-20k phone, Moto G will give you the best performance but for camera there are some windows phones options but for android, it's all Moto G.[DOUBLEPOST=1392837323][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks Sobirvs..its pretty informative...any other nice or strange things you noticed?

Yes, Kitkat slightly will bring your battery down. Not much but it is noticiable.

Heard from few people that the phone eats up battery
AFAIK its the Android phone with the best battery life in its range. Confirmed from Anandtech. I dont know how much the people who told you were expecting. If i had 14k i would surely go for this. But dont have high hopes for the camera quality though.

AFAIK its the Android phone with the best battery life in its range. Confirmed from Anandtech. I dont know how much the people who told you were expecting. If i had 14k i would surely go for this. But dont have high hopes for the camera quality though.
I am trying in between 10-20K...Puns mentioned that the cam quality is not great...but fin flipkart few ppl have mentioned that its cam quality can be compared with 8mp...any thoughts?

I am trying in between 10-20K...Puns mentioned that the cam quality is not great...but fin flipkart few ppl have mentioned that its cam quality can be compared with 8mp...any thoughts?
Yea no phone which is co-made by Google has a good cam. :p
Many of my friends have the Nexus phones and tabs and they all complain about two things: battery life and camera quality. They might have used low quality materials in the construction <--just my theory.
For cam Nokia is good imo. They (higher-end ones) also used good lens. :)

Back