Motorola Atrix Gingerbread update help!!

Hi,

I recently purchased an Atrix with Froyo on it.
I had rooted the phone to install apps from my PC as I didnt have wifi connection at home...
Now I tried updating phone with official ATT gingerbread upgrade but its failing at some step...
I unrooted my phone n then tried again but not working.
Motorola Software update is not detecting my phone...It automatically moves to Phone portal mode from usb storage as soon as I start the update tool.
Can anyone please help me with this?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I tried factory reset, downloading new update, everything...nothing is working...please help...it seems as per logs MobiTV.clienttv is missing or invalid...how to restore that?

Why don't you install a custom rom from xda?? There are a lot of fb custom roms around. I feel it I a lot easier and hassle free from doing the official update.
Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

rohan30186 said:
@sriharsha...tried it still failing on same step

@Killmastern3: Atrix has locked bootloader...its more complicated than other phones...
Errr.. The bootloader was unlocked about 4 mths back. There is a thread which has detailed steps on how to unlock the bootloader. Go through the Atrix section on XDA and you'll know

Sent from The Note using T'talk Pro

you can upgrade to a stock gingerbread firmware using rsd lite sbf flash....

[HOWTO] Root any Atrix after .sbf flash - xda-developers

otherwise if you still want to upgrade without unlocking Bootloader.. use this flash from RsdLite..

Atrix Firmwares Superthread (Official Firmware Team of M3) - xda-developers

after this you can use fastboot to unlock bootloader or automated script in this thread ( Automatic bootloader UNLOCK/ROOT for AT&T 1.26/1.57/1.83/4.5.91 [UPDATE 07/31/11] - xda-developers ) to unlock bootloader, root and install CWM.

to boot in rsd protocol mode.. vol UP + power...

to boot in fast boot protocl support mode vol down plus power.... then vol up once...

to boot in recovery.. vol down + power.. after you see fast boot press vol down till you see recovery then press vol up.. hope it helps...

I dont want to unlock bootloader as I want official Moto updates...Not that I'm fan of MotoBlur but just to be on safer side...Just trying to install official GB update....
I have gone through all these tuts on XDA,android n atrix forums...But just want to update to official GB rom

the files in second link posted by me will help you. Flash them using RSD lite. With Gingerbread update the Bootloader of Atrix became unlock-able (not unlocked).

So if you flash any official frimware from RSD lite or OTA, you bootloader remains unlockable that can be unlocked from fastboot. So download the official AtnT sbf file from that link and flash it from RSDLite and you are good to go.

Back