Motorola defy after buying question

micheal687

Disciple
Hi TE members,

First of all Thanks to all people who helped me in deciding to choose Motorola defy..
I bought this phone last two months ago and having good time with it.but after playing with Froyo for 2 months.I feel that its time to move on
As i cant see any official update from Motorola itself i like to go with custom built

Here are my question for the TE members.. Here i come again.

1.I have to upgrade from official Froyo(installed on Motorola defy)
2.Will i be able to return back to my official froyo from any other custom built(warranty purpose)

3.The ROM must be completed(meaning no bugs or glitches (no RC or beta or alpha version please))
If there is good version of custom gingerbread or ice cream sandwich please write me the procedure or step by step guide to move ahead

PS: don't have any WiFi or 2g or 3g plan activated on my mobile so every wok done should be from my desktop

Thank you in advance

Yes you can always return to your officials build..

CM7 RC1.5 is the best rom for the defy.. Despite being RC..

Otherwise you can flash one of those leaked ROMs..

(begun the clone war has)

dexBG said:
Yes you can always return to your officials build..

CM7 RC1.5 is the best rom for the defy.. Despite being RC..

Otherwise you can flash one of those leaked ROMs..

(begun the clone war has)

Can u be more specific on procedure or step bu step guide...
at least provide me the best custom built(stable) for defy

That would be helpfull

1.I have to upgrade from official Froyo(installed on Motorola defy)

For obvious reasons..

2.Will i be able to return back to my official froyo from any other custom built(warranty purpose)

In most cases yes. Just dont flash a stock 2.3 build (GB roms). Most leaked roms are installwd via CWM anyways.. Funny, how helpful a locked bootloader can be to noobs.. :) pun intended..

3.The ROM must be completed(meaning no bugs or glitches (no RC or beta or alpha version please))

If there is good version of custom gingerbread or ice cream sandwich please write me the procedure or step by step guide to move ahead

All roms will have certain glitches or bugs.. There is NO bug free custom rom. Independent devs dont have an army of engineers working for them like Motorola. But in return offer better features, little or no bloatware, better control. Most custom roms haveactive devs that provide good support. CM7 / MIUI/ Blurryginger are all very good roms. You have to try each one to see which rom best suits you.

For step by step guide read through xda forums and first get a hang of what custom roms is all about. And where in the world did you see a ICS rom for defy????

PS: don't have any WiFi or 2g or 3g plan activated on my mobile so every wok done should be from my desktop

The reason why my suggestion to first get a hang of what you are doing by reading forums and why others have suggested so as well. Rooting/Flashing don't need internet access on your phone..!!!!

This thread was very helpful when I first decided to upgrade my Defy to CM7.

Very nicely written. Do read it. It explains basics and later on clarifies what not to do to preserve the downgrade ability.

I too have some doubts, like..

- I have green lens (SOC module) .. Will this create problem with custom ROMs. Since official leaked defy+ ROM will not work with this module( highlighted in many forums). Is the same case with CM7 & MIUI ROM ??

The point is i don't want to capture 720p HD video.. at least I needs basic function of camera in defy should function with these ROM... will it?

^^shouldnt really.. there is a greenbread mod available that allows green lense users full use of camera (except 720p video recording) on their green lense defy's..

Back