Motorola Defy Plus Screen Issue

n_aditya

Disciple
Hi Everyone,

I just bought a Motorola Defy Plus last Thursday (29th March) and this is my first touchscreen/smart phone. Had a Nokia C5-00 previously.

While the phone is brilliant and fun, over the last couple of days i am facing some issues with the touchscreen.

The screen sometimes goes berserk - shivers and scrolls up and down on its own. None of the buttons work (the touchscreen or menu/back buttons dont work). The phone display has to be turned off and on via the power button (followed by screen unlock) and then it works normally. This problem comes up intermittently and is very unpredictable (when i am playing games or scrolling through the app's etc.)

I have also switched off the phone and switched it on after a few mins but the problem is persistent.

I have some apps on the phone installed from the android market (via phone menu) like angry birds (of course
<
) and avast antivirus for android but unlikely that the apps are causing this issue. Oh yeah, i have a screen guard on the touch panel but it does not cover the sensors and fits perfectly onto the touch area of the phone screen.

I spoke to the Motorola service center in Blore (Fine Fone Solutions) and they said they will provide a DOA letter so i can exchange the handset for a new one from where i bought it (Univercell, Mantri Mall, Malleswaram). This replacement is possible only within 7 days for motorola. Glad i called them up.
<

I would like to know if this is a known issue and what is the fix, if any. Also I am skeptical about the replacement - what if the new phone also has the same issue or a worse issue?

Please help guys and thanks in advance for the replies.

@gcbeldar - not when the charger is connected. I guess when some games or apps like talking Pierre is running. My soon loves to play on this phone
<

so i kept a close watch on my phone and it was fine all day and the problem occured only in evening. I played a couple of games in the day and nothing happened. Please note, while the screen goes awry the phone does vibrate just like it does when one presses the back button many times when in the home screen. So anyway, the screen issue popped up late in the evening and this was when wireless was not active, not even scanning, charger not connected, hands were clean, screen was clean - no smudges or dirt on the screen as i had wiped it clean (had a screen guard) and a call came through the phone went berserk - blips of vibrations, none of the keys work (home, back, menu etc.). Noticed that the battery was low (at around 30%) and figured this was the problem.

But another surprise for me.... left the phone charging overnight and in the morning switched it off for a couple of mins and turned it on again. I thought low battery was the culprit but again a couple of times the issue cropped up. So disappointing. As i type this, the issue has occurred for at least 3-4 times since morning. Oh yeah, while this is happening, the screen orientation changes when the handset is tilted. So beats me what the problem is!!!

Going to get the DOA later today and a new instrument.

Back