Motorola Defy Screen problems

muneersn

Disciple
Hi,

After reading exhaustively through the threads, i've finally decided to go for the motorola defy @ 16149. Just two final important points to be clarified before i actually buy it.

I have read that the motorola defy has speaker and touchscreen problems. As for the speaker problem, many techenclave users have pointed out that it is sorted. so no problem there. But, what about the touchscreen problem. I've read that the touchscreen stops responding some times on the lock screen

YouTube - ‪Motorola DEFY. Screen Problem‬‏

any clarifications on that please.

Secondly, is there any place in bangalore where i can see the device, working or a dummy. I am not very sure if it looks good enough (as compared to the samsung galaxy ace). since its a rugged phone, i hope it doesn't look too ugly in reality.

advice please.
Thanks.

Using it since 2 weeks no touch screen problems what so ever. It is no as slim as Ace but is not ugly either.

The loud speaker is cracking a bit at high volumes during calls. It is the only issue I have.

I don't think it's a hardware problem. I've been using it for 3 weeks now, had no problems whatsoever other than poor battery life.... Moreover that video was posted on 2nd Dec 2010, almost half an year ago..

Haven't experienced any problems with the Speaker phone ..

None with the touchscreen as you mentioned .. there is a bit of 'freezing' sometimes when a call ends and the Networks Message pops up .. it takes some time to go away .. but this is a software issue not a HW one.

sato1986 said:
Any of Defy owners who have upgraded to 2.2 or CM7, facing similar touchscreen freezing issues?

Nope, none at all. CM7 does have some small bugs(its still in beta) but i have not had the above mentioned problem in 2.1, 2.2 or CM7.

Sangeetha stores carry it in BNG. They charge close to 19k though.

muneersn said:
seems like most of the problems should be solved by an official software upgrade.

anybody who has bought it from a retail store in bangalore?
There is a demo piece in Croma Domlur .... I checked it personally as I wanted a rugged phone for my biking trips.... I have ordered it from Lets buy already

sg3707 said:
Using it since 2 weeks no touch screen problems what so ever. It is no as slim as Ace but is not ugly either.

The loud speaker is cracking a bit at high volumes during calls. It is the only issue I have.

I have been using Defy for 3 weeks. No problems with the touch screen what so ever. Initially faced the problem of loudspeaker cracking at high volumes during calls. But set the Call voice quality to "Balanced". not facing the problem since then

Haven't experienced any problems with the Speaker phone ..

None with the touchscreen as you mentioned .. there is a bit of 'freezing' sometimes when a call ends and the Networks Message pops up .. it takes some time to go away .. but this is a software issue not a HW one.

This is the only freezing issue that is occurs commonly .. and happened more-so with 2.1. Seems very rare now with 2.2

The freezing is S/W thing as mentioned and not at all H/W related.

The phone looks quite sporty .. feels lighter than it looks. Its not cutesy or girly like the Samsung ones .. :p

You can try Croma for Live Demos ..

Back