Motorola Defy suggestions

hbksabhi

Adept
Hello guys , i am using iphone 3g 16 gb

shopkeeper said that my phone will sell for 10 k .

it has 0 scratch in front but back has some scratches !

i am looking for a new fone !

1.motorola defy - 14k
2. samsung ace = 13 k

uses - 1. social networking , i ll be using 3g
2. web surfing
3. music

battery life should be good ...........
most important ...i fear a lot when it comes to android fones

Samsung Galaxy Ace comes nowhere near Defy at 14k range. It's got a poor resolution screen, laggy processor and poor GPU. I checked out my friend's phone and Defy beats it in every department.. Not sure about it's battery though. Defy gives me roughly 1.5 - 2 days battery backup with WIUI (Custom ROM).

I'd say you go for Defy..

How attached are you to those two phones you mentioned. If you are only choosing between the two, then by all means go for Defy

Here is recommendation. This should satisfy your requirements plus more:

Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini ST15i
Price - 13,139
Buy Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini ST15i - PreOrder at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
Specs - Sony Ericsson Xperia mini - Full phone specifications

Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17i
Price - 15,799
Buy Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17i at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
Specs - Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro - Full phone specifications

These two phones are of similar hardware. Only major difference is the presence of Qwerty keypad on the Mini Pro SK17i and also the inclusion of secondary camera for video calling.

Advantages -
1) 3 inch reality LED backlit LCD display. The display of this size, the battery should be good than other 4 inch phones
2) Android 2.3 Gingerbread out of the box which is not available in Defy. Galaxy Ace has 2.3 support.
3) This phone absolutely beats the Defy and Ace with the hardware of second generation scorpion processor and Adrenos 205 GPU. So it can play games better than Defy or Ace. Even faster for other functions
4) Music Quality is always going to be good with Sony
5) 5 MP Camera with LED Flash. Sony knows how to make a decent camera. Next to Nokia, I trust Sony for camera in Mobiles
6) Front facing camera. Find me a phone in 13k range to have a front facing camera.
7) Find an phone in 13k-15k range with excellent led backlit bravia display, very powerful processor, dual camera (FOR PRO) and to top it off it comes from an reliable manufacturer is not possible.

Disadvantages
1) While battery life would be better with screen display of this size, I personally find it a bit smaller for extended browing or watching movies/playing games.
2) So other than screen size, for the price it is hard to find any disadvantage for this phone considering it is from Sony.

regarding Defy+, It is actually not much different from original defy, so while defy + is likely to be around 17k on launch, defy you can get for 14k

processor : 3610=3620=3630 (All use the same OMAP Soc(last gen) from droid X

IP 67 : This is just a certification. Maybe Moto did not have enough time/money to get the original certified ;)

Battery: Well This can be important 1700 Mah Vs 1540 Mah, but I do hope the battery fits defy too

Do not buy Reliance 3g tablet as for the price the hardware is just not worth it. If you are interested in tablet, then look at this one that is being offered from Beetel for 9999. It has 1 ghz processor, dual camera and is much better than Reliance 3g tablet. Only negative is that it has resistive screen compared to Reliance's capacitive screen. That means, the touch sensitivity is less compared to capacitive ones.

Link: http://www.techenclave.com/general-portables/beetel-launched-tablet-for-9999-a-197342.html

There is no comparison with Reliance Tablet and Motorola Defy. Because you are comparing Tablet vs smartphone. You cannot make calls with Reliance Tablet while you can with Defy. If you are not looking for making calls, then by all means go with Reliance 3G Tablet. If you want to use it as a phone, then by all means go with Defy.

Hardware:

Processor/GPU

Defy - 800 MHZ TI OMAP 3630 processor with Powevr sgx 530 GPU (Better for gaming and also speedier processor than Reliance 3G)

Reliance 3G - 800 MHZ MSM7227T processor with Adrenos 200 GPU (Inferior than Defy)

RAM

Defy - 512 MB RAM

Reliance 3G - 512 MB RAM

New Reliance tablet and its competition

The important advantages that Reliance has over Defy is bigger 7 inch screen and also dual camera (Front camera for video calling) You will not go wrong with either because Tablet is better for viewing movies, editing/creating office documents and also Internet browsing.

Back