Motorola Defy

nikolain said:
Try using z4root or Super1Click first, if it doesn't work i'll post the link

z4root dint work :( Will check if Super1Click works and let you know.
dexBG said:
Hey Defy owners , how bout a hands on review of this , your impressions and expectations.

.. please pretty please.

Lots of potential buyers like me , lined up :)

I already reviewed it here! I guess you missed it as it was the first post!

@MODS: Could you please change the thread name to "Reviewed: Motorola Defy"?

the z4root did not work that mean's none of the available method's will work, here is a special method for ppl like us

follow the steps mentioned there carefully, especially the part where you need to turn Debugging Mode OFF,ON,OFF within 4-5 seconds

once it says ROOTED (though i never got a new window saying "Device is Rooted" as shown in the image in the link, i just read command's executing and it said ROOTED), u can disconnect it, and restart the phone

Special version SuperOneClick:root froyo/2.51 easily! - xda-developers

Thanks, will try! One question though, how to get back to the stock ROM if I ever need to use the warranty? I checked on XDA but could not find a proper guide for Defy.. can you help me with that?

Bought Moto Defy from letsbuy @ 16K. Now eagerly waiting for the phone. Meanwhile i just wanted to know that any of the Defy owners facing any issue with the ear piece as i have read a lot of issues relating to Defy that were sold initially... And secondly how is the GPS reception of the phone as this is a very essential feature for me...

Friend has a moto defy..Current f/w is 2.2.. So shd he.Upgrade to 2.3 or directly go to 4? (Sorry, its his exact question, not mine.. )

also, does DEFY has this issue as well.. that if u decide to downgrade to any prev version, there is a chance of bricking it?

Back