Motorola Defy+

^^ not worth it, doesn't even have 720p video. And camera according to the phonearena review is not at all good.

I think Samsung Galaxy i9003 or LG Optimus Black @ 16-17k are much better options.

^^yea it doesn't have 720p video but i think by installing patch from xda we can enable 720p video and 'm interested in custom roms and overall its a Lifeproof phone..!:D

^^True but when one spends about 16-17k on a phone there has got to be that 'flaunt' factor which the Defy lacks.I'd recommend the Sony Neo V,as it looks much better than the i9003 or the Defy,does 720p and has been promised an ICS update later this year.

GO for it. Btw can anyone confirm the availability of the Defy+ battery? I want the 1700 mah battery for my Defy.

Would just like to add that my Defy nearly died on trying to play a 1080p video (well at least all I could get was the audio). :( I don't know how the Defy+ will fare.

If you ask me if you can buy a phone at 15k then it is definitely worth it to extend your budget to 20k and get a Nexus S, or something of that price range. :)

now after loosing(steal/chori) my loved defy,....i was miserably restless with its loss ,the feeling of grief very hard to bear,...so ultimately ordered a SGS2,to make out with a more apparently advanced android phone & therby try hard to forget my defy loss grief.But all the while,i was also contemplating to buy a defy(which was out of stock @ many places) or a defy+(which was again NOT launched/available then)...but however ended up ordering a SGS2. Now guys what do u think,i made a correct move?...i still honestly have No idea if i will be more happy using a SGS2 than a Defy or Defy+?

The ONLY thing going for D+ is its 1700mAh battery and if one can buy just that...
Devs won't bother porting ROMs to it (new baseband issues) and there's little value in it over the original. Also people are claiming better update support because BigG bought Moto. They're mistaken. Google only wanted Moto's huge patent collections to fight lawsuits & protect it's hardware partners from a fruity company. Any favours for Moto means jeopardising relations with other manufacturers and that ain't happening.
So for 18K you'll get a weak GPU and no ICS love from Moto or Devs. Bummer of a deal.

Defy still rules sub 15K. Beyond that -
SE Neo V ~ SGS LCD > Nexus S > SE Xperia Active

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

It seems you can buy the battery both the original 1540mAh BF5X model and other cheap aftermarkets products -
Extended Slim Battery Motorola DEFY SNN5877A 1800mAh (Rs. 1814)

New 3500mAh Extended Battery + Charger for Motorola Defy MB525 (Rs. 1392)

This one's 'XDA approved' and the only one which gives significant improvement over the original -
Mugen Power 1700mAh Extended Battery BF5XSL (Rs. 3426)

The D+ OEM battery should soon hit eBay but as of now the model no. isn't known.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Demo of the 3500mAh battery pack -

The only thing that keep me thinking about buying defy is the red lens, green lens thing.. Is there a way to find red lens defy without looking @ the device? What is the probability that the defy i get has Red lens in it??

Hi navino87, thanks for the discount coupon.

Ordered the Defy+ from letsbuy.in. COD is not available when using discount coupon and hence paid using credit card. Will update the thread with first impressions as soon as i receive the phone.

soo, Whats the status of your order in letsbuy? any update?? Hope everything goes well for you in letsbuy :) Couldn't make my mind to buy from letsbuy, considering their pathetic customer service :mad:..

navino87 said:
soo, Whats the status of your order in letsbuy? any update?? Hope everything goes well for you in letsbuy :) Couldn't make my mind to buy from letsbuy, considering their pathetic customer service :mad:..

The status says as "Dispatched" and in the aramex (the courier) website the status says as "Updating shipment status". Not sure when it would be delivered.

Back