Motorola Dual Sim phones - How good are they?

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
I was looking for a Samsung i200 as my second phone and no dealer seems to have it. I saw the Motorola EX 128 dual sim touch screen phone and I liked the looks and the build quality. Its priced at Rs.5685 , which I feel is great considering all the features it offers. If I end up buying it , it would be my first touchscreen phone.
How Good / Bad is Motorola's After sales service?
Would you guys recommend the EX-128?

Own a Moto Rokr E8(2yrs), satisfied by the product looking out to get the Moto EX115 dual sim. Touchscreen in cheap priced models do not offer good experience IMO, wud suggest the QWERTY one. Never needed any after sale service for my E8 hence can't comment on that.

^^ i was under the impression that motorola made some of the most unreliable phones and no one bought them. they also have the worst resale value in the market. many dealers don't sell motorola.

latinoheatx said:
Own a Moto Rokr E8(2yrs), satisfied by the product looking out to get the Moto EX115 dual sim. Touchscreen in cheap priced models do not offer good experience IMO, wud suggest the QWERTY one. Never needed any after sale service for my E8 hence can't comment on that.
I have exactly opposite experience with Rokr E8. After using it for only one month or so it developed problems with backlight , given it to authorized service centre, with in two weeks same problem, this time they changed the full front panel but after a month, again same problem. Hence sold it but the after sales service was good & they deliver the phone on the date they promised you. Also used some low end motorola phones , lasted around 3 yrs before they become useless.

OP, I too feel that low end the touch screen's are not worthy at all. better to go with phones with normal keypads. I prefer samsung among dual sim phones

^^ I had purchased & used the MotoROKR E6 when it it was launched.

Had it for about a year..... No problems with the phone itself.

The screen lock switch fell off once due to use...... But the MOTO ASC replaced it under warranty & within an hour of submitting the phone to them......!!!

I currently have a Milestone...... Never had to visit the ASC....... Completely satisfied with it too....... I am definitely supporting Motorola...... :D

Ive had bad experience with moto,i have the L6,since i bought it worked good for 3 months and then the problems started,like keypad dieing randomly, speaker dieing,and sometimes glichy behavior.

nehaladsul said:
^^ I had purchased & used the MotoROKR E6 when it it was launched.

Had it for about a year..... No problems with the phone itself.

The screen lock switch fell off once due to use...... But the MOTO ASC replaced it under warranty & within an hour of submitting the phone to them......!!!

I currently have a Milestone...... Never had to visit the ASC....... Completely satisfied with it too....... I am definitely supporting Motorola...... :D
I just shared my experience with motorola , I too bought E8 when it was just launched & really want to keep it but due to multiple issue had to sell it off.
Now it is on OP to decide whether to go with motorola or not , I have nothing for or against motorola.

Used a Moto e398 during my college many years back...bought and used the Rokr E6 for 3yrs now..gave it to my brother recently...no major probs..service is good..i personally favour Moto for its build ...

Well i am a die hard moto fan. have used motorola v3i(3months), w220(2yrs) and L9 would complete its 2yrs this December. I haven't faced any problem till now on any of the mobiles i have used. my recommendation go for it. their build quality is awesome.

Motorola phones normally have complains of poor battery life, however for the E8 i found it decent enough for me, also it was not a deal breaker for E8. The newer models from Motorola are said to have addressed this issue. The resale value of Motorola mobiles as above said is NIL. Some retailers (read Nokia) took the liberty to go as far as saying "Motorola has ceased mobile biz" on my face when I was trying to assess the resale value of E8.
@OP wait for some user reviews of the above dual sims to come in and as such Diwali is only a month away...stall your purchase if you can to get the right product at the right price.

latinoheatx said:
Motorola phones normally have complains of poor battery life

^^ + 1, build quality is quite good with moto, I used C305 for 1.5 yrs, noticed 3 problems, it went hot near receiving speaker if talk more than 20-30 minutes & battery drain like hell + low ringer volume.

Darn, I checked with couple of mobile shops, they all say Motorola EX115 doesn't support call waiting, only samsung have that feature. What they are saying when there is a call on any SIM, the other SIM gets disabled, so the caller might get number does not exist / number not reachable !!!. And none of the shops have an opened box available, not even Tata Croma :(

My only requirement is, if i'm talking on SIM1 and someone calls SIM2, it SHOULD NOT say number does not exist to the SIM2 caller and I must get a missed/unanswered call alert after i finish SIM1 call. Can anyone confirm this ?.

I've been with moto for around 5 years now (L7 and L9). Thing about moto is that you can tinker around with the software for quite an extent. But negative side is the phone will probably die in a couple of days if you handle it like a nokia.

Back